Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miami Advice

Options
  • 23-10-2019 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Hi,

My wife and I are going on our Honeymoon to Florida & Galapagos Islands for 3 weeks in February.

We have 4.5 full days before we fly out to Ecuador from Miami but we intend renting a car the morning after we land and driving up to Orlando as there is a Rocket Launch from KSC scheduled on Feb 5th. We'll do a day in KSC itself and depending on jet-lag etc. will do one or two days in in Disney/Universal.

We arrive back from Ecuador at 12 in the afternoon and have 6 nights before back to Ireland. We're very undecided on where to spend those days.

Originally we were going to spend the entire week in a Beach hotel on South Beach but after reading a few reviews on the area we think it might be a bit too wild for us to be there for the duration. I believe it's not too crazy but it doesn't read to be our scene, queuing for clubs etc. We'd be afraid we'd get bored quickly enough as we're not big drinkers or party-goers anymore!

We looked in to Key West and that seems a bit more along our avenue - shorts and t-shirt bars but still good fun and again only from what I read, it's a bit more chilled out than South Beach.

Anyone who lives or has been to both, would you recommend splitting the time and doing a few days in each? Is it worth the additional car hire and effort of the drive?

I understand a lot is personal preference but I'm just hoping to get an idea of the vibe of both places before making a decision.

Any more questions on the itinerary etc please ask!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Munstermissy

I did Miami over 10 years ago in June, the humidity was terribl. Good job you are going in February �� I loved Miami but we did a couple of days to Key West. The drive is amazing and basically a straight run from Miami. Would highly recommend it. The car was parked once we got to Key West as there was no need to get around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I prefer a little further north in Pompano Beach / Fort Lauderdale area.. More sedate , lots of laid back restaurants, great beaches.

you could easily split the week between Key West and Fort Lauderdale. I personally didn't care much for Key West - I found it very expensive and way too touristy.

Advertisement