Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with all this stinkin grass.....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

looksee wrote: »
    The shredder is going to be tried out this weekend, it needs a heck of a long cable to it though, which I hope I have (long enough).

Mine too, which is why I bring the brambles to the shredder instead of the other way 'round. You don't say how thick/deep the monster is, but if you cut about 5m² at a time*, you can "bundle" up the pile and literally roll it anywhere you want without leaving too much débris behind. I use one of these to pull it all together:
    71ope4l6VeL._SY450_.jpg

Before getting the shredder, could jab it into the "bundle" and carry it over my shoulder to the dump-zone.

* When I'm working on my own, I slice 10m x 0.5m off the edge facing me in three passes: first pass, vertical, along the line, to neaten up the outer edge; second pass, horizontal, at mid-chest height to neaten up the top and help me see the section I want to clear; third pass, vertical at about 50cm back from the edge, then sweep down and horizontally just above the ground. The last pass usually has the effect of throwing the cut section out a bit, allowing me to walk up the back of it without getting ripped to shreds. I clear that lot, then do the next section in the opposite direction to make it easy on my knackered vertebrae!

Advertisement