Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef the Professionals 2019

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Exose joins the competition not knowing what an artichoke is and now sails through to the semi finals?

Every round so far he's cooking his own food and never challenged to leave his comfort zone.

Joke tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

I want to eat Malin's dish. That looked delicious.

A lot of people have mixed feelings about Exose, The Master.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

The Master wrote: »
    Exose joins the competition not knowing what an artichoke is and now sails through to the semi finals?

Every round so far he's cooking his own food and never challenged to leave his comfort zone.

Joke tbh

I find as the competion goes on I like the person more than the food, Exose is a good example.such a nice lad..
    Shallow I know...

I do think Exose has proven himself, but I am suspicious of the fact that he's previously been in a reality show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

twill wrote: »
    I do think Exose has proven himself, but I am suspicious of the fact that he's previously been in a reality show.

Never knew that..still seems compident, and likeably..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

4Ad wrote: »
    Never knew that..still seems compident, and likeably..

He does come across really well, but how many sweets has he made at this stage? Not that I wouldn't mind eating of them though...
    Disappointed Malin is gone, would love to have tasted his Columbo street food, but a dish nigh on impossible to refine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

I want to eat Malin's dish. That looked delicious.

A lot of people have mixed feelings about Exose, The Master.

Where are these "lots of people"? all i can find in that article is this. One negative comment

While another said: “Disappointed with Monica Galetti and Marcus Wareing. Since when does an Average Skills test and a Tarted up Choux bun class as enough to get you to the next round Exose shouldn’t have been selected.”

Where are these "lots of people"? all i can find in that article is this. One negative comment

While another said: “Disappointed with Monica Galetti and Marcus Wareing. Since when does an Average Skills test and a Tarted up Choux bun class as enough to get you to the next round Exose shouldn’t have been selected.”

Not the best article to illustrate my point, I suppose, in spite of its title. There have been many complaints about his reality show past, which is really my only issue.

Glad to see Stu's improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,371 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Finally caught up on a serious backlog of episodes!

Delighted to see that my two favourites by far got straight through - Olivia and Stu. No idea how I'm going to separate them for favoritism in the final - I've loved Olivia's steely-eyed determination from the very start, and Stu just has that slightly wide- boy look about him, like he's liable to go rogue any minute, he's a most unlikely ****- hot chef!!

Very disappointed to see Andrew knocked out in favour of Exose - I thought Exose made far more mistakes in that final round, and I was sure Andrew was through.

I think this will be a very interesting final week!!

Anyone watching tonight?

I'm playing catch-up - was laughing to myself when I saw the multiple bottles of wine lined up on Exose's table, until I realised they're cooking for 25 :eek:

I'm not sure I believe they don't have any help at all for that..... or maybe that's why they're in the final of MC, and I had an M&S beef'n'ale stew for dinner tonight! (It was lovely!)

• Advertisement

Aww, Stu. He's just going from strength to strength.

They all did well, but I think Olivia and Stu were of a higher standard.

So do they all have their own ovens/freezers/whatever for this round? Like their own whole kitchen?

I can only imagine the havoc being caused by others opening oven or freezer doors willy nilly.....

(I'm still only halfway though, but saw the last post - delighted to see Stu seems to have done well, I just love him!)

I just love that smiley Scottish fella who turns up in full kilt regalia for all of these shindigs!

Oops, sorry, thought you were just a short way behind. :o:p

Not sure how they manage with the ovens but since there's only one person on desserts the freezer probably isn't much of an issue, or it's easily negotiated.

I think the thing that could scupper Exose's chances is his inexperience (getting flustered, etc., though he's getting a bit better at that), but he'll probably be one to watch in the future whichever way it goes.

So.... Yann seemed to prepare his own dish all by himself.

Exose, I got a bit distracted, but I think I saw Yann weighing in?

Stu (much and all as I love him) seemed to have all four chefs cooking/plating for him (including barking orders at Olivia, who still has to produce her own dish :eek:)

Hmmmmmmm.......

Yann had help from the others to plate his dish, Exose had help too (and he got snippy with Yann because he forgot to get something out of the oven). Think they all pitched in to help each other.

Yann had help from the others to plate his dish, Exose had help too (and he got snippy with Yann because he forgot to get something out of the oven). Think they all pitched in to help each other.
    OK fair enough - I'm texting and posting and not paying full proper attention tonight, so missed that.

Reasonable to think they'd all help each other, but hard on the ones on later courses you'd think!

I think it probably evens out because the others have time once they're done and can give plenty of attention to helping them out.

Was just thinking, there'd be some pretty annoyed viewers if they had let Exose do the dessert! It just shows he's very capable of cooking a non-dessert, but it definitely outs him out of his comfort zone.

I think it probably evens out because the others have time once they're done and can give plenty of attention to helping them out.
    Sorry, that's what I meant - the starter guy usually gets to do it all on his/her own, because everyone is up to their eyeballs with their own prep - then by the time the dessert person is up, there's three chefs with nothing else to be doing but to help out!

If the later course guys were helping out the earlier ones, then fair dues!

Finally got to the end.

Definitely, Stu and Olivia came out tops from that round I thought. Amazing feedback for both of them.

HOW am I going to decide who I want to win???? :confused:

• Advertisement

Hope Stu and Olivia hold their nerve and get through to the final, but in the previous two years two favourites who had had otherwise faultless competitions fell at the final hurdle.

I do think one of them will win, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Hope Stu and Olivia hold their nerve and get through to the final, but in the previous two years two favourites who had had otherwise faultless competitions fell at the final hurdle.

I do think one of them will win, though.

Surprised at Yann, that's two mediocre rounds recently. Xsose seems a bit inexperienced, Olivia a tad safe, Stu looking the strongest. It's between Stu and Olivia for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Surprised at Yann, that's two mediocre rounds recently. Xsose seems a bit inexperienced, Olivia a tad safe, Stu looking the strongest. It's between Stu and Olivia for me too.

I like Stu. Image of my sons mate but the accent of my daughters boyfriend - odd combination :)

I've been meaning to post this for ages.....

What ever happened the carby end of fine dining??? I've seen it so often on MC, and Olivia just presented a big hunk of beef, loads of lovely veggies - and not a spud nor a Yorkshire pud to be seen.....

She seems to have smashed it, though! As does Stu.....

Yippeee!!

I'm gonna put my money now on Stu for the title.

I think it def has to be between himself and Olivia - and she's just a bit conventional compared to him. I think she's brilliant, and I'd love to see her win (gwan the girls!) but I think he's too interesting and daring not to win.

Oooooh, I did NOT see that eviction coming!!! :eek:

Uuurrrrrggghhhhh..... semi-raw egg :eek: :o

Ah here..... a whole fish, curled up in batter and eating its own tail, staring balefully out at you? :eek::eek:

What was he thinking???

At least this chef's food looks like something you might reasonably eat, unlike in previous years.

Yes, chef, Portugese colonial history is very noble. :rolleyes:

I wish Andrew was here instead of Exose, he's a talented chef but not really on the level of Stu and Olivia.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Raw egg,puke time.

• Advertisement

Yeah, could never stomach those eggs.

Advertisement