Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spontaneous labour before planned elective section date

Options
  • 23-10-2019 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi all,

I’m having an elective section for my third baby after a very traumatic labour and emergency c section on my last pregnancy (my firstborn was a vaginal delivery). I’ve also decided to have my tubes removed during the section as this is definitely my last baby. After discussing the procedure with my consultant she made a throwaway remark that if I was to spontaneously go into labour before the elective section date I would deliver vaginally and they won’t do a section just so I can have my tubes removed.

Now I’m freaked out... I want the section regardless of whether they do my tubes or not... there’s no way I can go through what I did the last time but it’s like she was saying that the choice is taken away from me if I go into labour by myself.

Would like to hear your thoughts!
    Ps I was a little blind-sided at the time but I will clarify with her at my next appointment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Definitely clarify this. State there is no discussion, you'll be having a section and ligation regardless of a spontaneous labour. You should be straight in for an emergency one if you go into labour. I wouldn't hesitate to change consultant either. I had ligation on my last section, it was 100% the right decision.

Advertisement