Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a basic on/off remote C/H

Options
  • 24-10-2019 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

Can someone recommend a very basic central heating ON remote controller system? Not interested in anything fancy just something that I can remotely command from my phone so I can have the house warm on arrival. Mine is oil-fired and all one zone.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Sonoff TH16. This will cost around €20, has no running cost, works with Alex and Google Home and can be controlled via a free app.

The most basic way is to install a sonoff controller in parallel with your time clock.
    When you switch remotely you are basically bypassing the current time clock turning the system on.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

The most basic way is to install a sonoff controller in parallel with your time clock.
    When you switch remotely you are basically bypassing the current time clock turning the system on.

Why retain the time clock ? That just complicates it as you have just built an “or gate”. Sonoff has a built in time clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭emg74

In the past I have used a smart plug in the boiler house for this - Have now changed to Netatmo which is good but the basic Sonoff Smart Socket worked fine.

Advertisement