Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2019-20 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Raptors playing really well after a slow start, some great D especially.

• If they stay steady the Raptors should be up a fair bit at half time.

Terrible decision making from FVV on the second last sequence. Huge offensive rebound from Taytum.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,270 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Jaysus the playoffs have been great

• Registered Users Posts: 19,633 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Jaysus the playoffs have been great

Asterix season my arse, this is the best ball I've seen in years

• Advertisement

Absolutely, the bubble has been an unqualified success from an on court perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Ridiculous 1st quarter, three 3s in the last minute and a half making it look a lot better for the Rockets than it was.
    They have been brutal.

Pretty embarrassing way to go out by the Rockets. Don't think I've seen so many missed shots right at the rim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

kmart6 wrote: »
    Ridiculous 1st quarter, three 3s in the last minute and a half making it look a lot better for the Rockets than it was.
    They have been brutal.

Pretty embarrassing way to go out by the Rockets. Don't think I've seen so many missed shots right at the rim.

Man, the Rockets are kind of embarrassing as you say and not just tonight, these past few years have been rough for that fan base.
    I know it’s a competitive league and Warriors and Lebron dominated for years but they have buckled big time over the past few years, Harden just isn’t a good enough all round player or leader and the Rockets have failed to put the right pieces together

Not sure what their future holds, there will probably be a new coach, you feel a lot of the current players are going to give diminishing returns from here on out, who knows but I wouldn’t be optimistic

Yeah I really think they are in for a few rough years. No picks, fairly high on salary cap and players just not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,994 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Clippers and Nuggets on Sky tonight.

Hopefully Clippers can get it done to set up an all LA conference finals.

Can't see the Lakers not getting to the NBA finals though, regardless of who they play.

• Advertisement

Fantastic again from Denver!!

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Vital Transformation

Incredible comeback by Denver to what is now looking like a comfortable win for them. Clippers look totally out of sorts.

I hope Denver twist the knife in game 7. Warriors.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Man, the Rockets are kind of embarrassing as you say and not just tonight, these past few years have been rough for that fan base.
    I know it’s a competitive league and Warriors and Lebron dominated for years but they have buckled big time over the past few years, Harden just isn’t a good enough all round player or leader and the Rockets have failed to put the right pieces together

Not sure what their future holds, there will probably be a new coach, you feel a lot of the current players are going to give diminishing returns from here on out, who knows but I wouldn’t be optimistic

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29877395/sources-mike-dantoni-telling-houston-rockets-return-coach

He will probably have some relative success at Philadelphia but when it comes to actual playoff success, he is in the Don Nelson territory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

The momentum is really with Denver for tomorrow night, Clippers have no answer for Jokic at all....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

jk23 wrote: »
    The momentum is really with Denver for tomorrow night, Clippers have no answer for Jokic at all....

Wouldn't mind watching it, but don't think I'll last that long. I'll be doing well to see the first half of Celtics/Heat, it being a school night and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Prediction Celtics/Heat?

If Heat box + 1 Kemba early they could push that far into the series knowing Celtics need him firing.

Very interesting match up stylistically. Celtics got alot of shooters to cover!

Celtics in 6 for me

Cracking game 1 in the East here. Refs shagged the Heat at the end of regulation by calling a loose ball foul where Kemba shoved the defender into Smart, who did what he does best and flopped magnificently.

Jimmy B-b-b-buckets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Vital Transformation

How about Bam's clutch block at the end there, fantastic.

How about Bam's clutch block at the end there, fantastic.

Unreal. Tatum went for the statement dunk when he didn't have to. Took a long 3 after a looooong iso at the end of regulation as well when a 2 would have won it. His near 3 at the buzzer would have been incredible but it was clearly a travel. How do refs get away with **** like that in big games?!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,513 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Deeply embarrassing stuff from the Clippers. Been really poor in the second half for 3 games in a row now, but saved the worst for tonight. If Kawhi isn't doing it for them, no-one else steps up.

Have a funny feeling Kawhi will be taking another championship home this year, Clippers are far from perfect but he is phenomenal, just rock solid !

Jaysus he was bad last night. 6 of 22 shooting and just didn’t contribute near what was required in a game 7. George even worse.

Funny how FA in summer 2019 was viewed now that we see the outcome, for this year at least.

You couldn’t write enough positive things about Jokic and Murray, by contrast. Think the finals will be even more interesting now. Completely different matchup than expected. Can Denver keep upsetting the Apple cart?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Went to watch the celtics game on NBA league pass this morning using a VPN to India as I always do, but it now says league pass isn't available in India? Anyone else have this issue?

*edit* sorted it now

It's a bit pathetic that the Clippers were gassed on the 4th. There's no excuse for that as professionals to not be able to play hard throughout a playoff run after having a break in the season.

No one I'm happier for than Pat Bev, thought he had been gifted a ring last summer and has spent the entire season letting everyone know

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Jaysus he was bad last night. 6 of 22 shooting and just didn’t contribute near what was required in a game 7. George even worse.

Funny how FA in summer 2019 was viewed now that we see the outcome, for this year at least.

You couldn’t write enough positive things about Jokic and Murray, by contrast. Think the finals will be even more interesting now. Completely different matchup than expected. Can Denver keep upsetting the Apple cart?

Yea, the whole situation is a bit bewildering to be honest, you can look at it two ways, how the hell do the Clippers lose a 3-1 lead in a series where they seemed to dominate at times or wow, the Nuggets have some serious determination and confidence to come back and win.
    Probably a combination of both, Iam pretty happy the Clippers have choked again, I think Kawhai has been good but from his own high standards he has not been consistent as he usually is, George is an enigma, don’t know what to say about him.

I think we are all guilty of brushing off Denver but the reality is they were 2 seed last year, 3rd seed this year.
    They are obviously a good team, they pride themselves on that but also the reality is, they need both Jokic and Murray to contribute big numbers in every game

It looks like Lebrons championship but I hope Iam wrong again.
    Heat v Nuggets final would be fantastic

Kawhi is a 2 times Finals MVP, one in each conference, and he generally just keeps quiet and goes about his business so for him this will just be a blip on his record and nothing major, but for Paul George and the Clippers as a franchise this could be a huge mark. Clippers were talked about as being title favourites at points during this season, at the very least they were supposed to make the WCF, and now they've just gone FIFTY YEARS without making a conference final. For PG I genuinely don't know how his playoff reputation recovers from this point on unless he wins a championship.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

The centre position is the Achilles heel for the Clippers, Zubac is really only a good back up...they need an elite big. I think the Lakers will sweep the Nuggets, Davis will break even with Jokic and that will be enough for the Lakers. I really hope I am proved wrong...

Advertisement