Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premocks aren't going my way :(

Options
  • 24-10-2019 7:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Basically exams before the mocks. I studied really ****ing hard for them but it just ain't going my way and i don't know why. I want about 500 points in my LC and i don't think I'll get even up to 450 which is a disaster especially since this isn't the mocks (I'll probably get like 420). Only exams that went well is physics, maths and french.

I think my problem is i don't do exam quesitons on everything but instead only do exam quesitons straight after i cover a topic. I'm just feeling really depressed and sad right now. My 18th birthday is on Saturday and I'm supposed to have a party but i don't even know if i still wanna do that... Sigh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ksceniaonegina

Since you've already done exam questions after covering a topic, now is the time to run mock exams for yourself in your own time. Get those paper and time yourself. Work on the subjects that you didn't score well on. Then pinpoint the topics that you still haven't fully grasped and go through them again. You still have plenty of time considering you've nailed the most difficult subjects - french physics and maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Better the premocks don't go your way than the LC!

Learn from the experience, chat to your teachers and get their advice, figure out how to improve.

And for heavens sake go enjoy yourself Saturday night and forget about exams!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭c_f_p99

What exactly are pre-mocks? If they're literally doing Leaving Cert exams right now (no cheating, everything on the course can be asked) then it's ridiculous to think that it's even possible to do nearly as well as you hoped to. For the mocks, it's certainly a possibility (my personal aim is to have everything on the Leaving Cert course done and up to Leaving Cert standard by the mocks) but they're still a good bit away. How badly did you do in them? Did you not do much work? I mean, I'd probably fail English if I had to sit it now (although it's my weakest subject by a long shot) simply because I've only barely started writing full-length essays for it. Make sure that the papers are marked correctly too.

Advertisement