Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Goods ordered in October arriving in November - customs fees?

Options
  • 24-10-2019 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

If anyone can help ,

I ordered set of ladders from UK "ladderstore.com" last week.
    Unfortunately there was a stock delay and goods will be delivered 2nd of November..

So where am I standing now with them customs fees,
    do I need to pay tax/duty because goods do arrive after 31st of October or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

as of today they are in the EU. If they leave on oct 31st there is no clear indication of what the terms would be.

it cannot be answered with certainty, but as of today there are no charges. it could change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Gatoh wrote: »
    If anyone can help ,

I ordered set of ladders from UK "ladderstore.com" last week.
    Unfortunately there was a stock delay and goods will be delivered 2nd of November..

So where am I standing now with them customs fees,
    do I need to pay tax/duty because goods do arrive after 31st of October or not?

Heretofore, if you order from outside EU you're not automatically charged - it's down to luck. Packages arriving in November and December are more likely to be checked and VAT / import duty levied.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Extension to 31 January granted. Not an issue for OP any more

Advertisement