Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do people want from their politicians?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

joeguevara wrote: »
    I think everyone would be happy if they learned how to use a swing without fcuking adult supervision.

Now that is some kind of unrealistic utopia you are speaking of ..GET REAL DUDE

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I want my politician to have 3 things on top of their list of priorities
    1. how do my constituency want me to act?
    2. how do my province want me to act?
    3. how do my country want me to act?

and then on place 738
    738. what is best for me personally?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭joeguevara

biko wrote: »

and then on place 738

Honestly 3 should be top. Number 2 shouldn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

biko wrote: »

and then on place 738
    You forgot immigration biko.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,086 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

nthclare wrote: »
    And stop taking a tenner off everyone every week every year with each and every budget since the current party took over.

So more services but less tax? How's that going to work?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

Can they listen to the electorate more and not their counterparts in the EU so much ? Varadkar seems to be only interested in Tusk et al and not bothered with what his own people think. Just because we are in the EU that doesn’t mean we completely ignore the needs of our own people and country, seems to be going that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Many TD's take a significant pay cut when they become TD's?
    Large number of TD's are teachers by profession. MM teacher, Enda Kenny teacher, Michael Noonan teacher, Mary Mitchell O' Connor teacher. Lots more but you get the point. I may be wrong but does the teacher salary scale reach 100k plus expenses?
    I would of course be interested to know which TD's are captains of industry which through a selfless act of servitude made such a sacrifice to survive on the pittance our elected representatives are paid.

Think I would rather have a TD wage and gravy and pensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,416 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

term limits 2 or 3 full terms max.

I've had to get a td involved in the past.to get an issue with local property tax resolved basically people in revenue wouldn't do their job a week after a td phone call a problem I'd spent 3 months chasing was resolved.

I think that's a lot of the reason people go to tds with local issues is because the state bodies cant seem to be bothered to resolve them

a bit of honesty from a good number wouldn't go amiss. turn up do your job don't claim when you're not there don't press other voting buttons

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

dulpit wrote: »
    So more services but less tax? How's that going to work?

Maybe take the tenner off the people who can take the hit, but sure that wouldn't be right would it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

pjohnson wrote: »
    You forgot immigration biko.
    Feel free to put it on your politician's list

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Hal3000 wrote: »
    Can they listen to the electorate more and not their counterparts in the EU so much ? Varadkar seems to be only interested in Tusk et al and not bothered with what his own people think. Just because we are in the EU that doesn’t mean we completely ignore the needs of our own people and country, seems to be going that way.

Because Varadkar wants a top job in Europe or the UN once he is finished his stint as Taoiseach.

He won't be hanging around on the Opposition bench you can be sure of that.

Advertisement