Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house in County Waterford - need a bank account

Options
  • 24-10-2019 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are in the process of buying a house in County Waterford. We are not Irish resident currently but I would like to open a bank account so that I can transfer money in euros from the UK to Ireland ready for the purchase. 
    So, my question is - can I open a bank account before I have a PPS number (can't get this first as you need an address)

Thanks in advance

Steve

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Steve,

Thanks for reaching out to us here. We're delighted that you are considering BOI for your account.

You can certainly open a non-resident account with us. Our Coming to Ireland team can help with your application so your account would be ready before you move over. I've included a link below to our website with their contact information. You can also schedule a call-back on the below link as we understand that it can be expensive to call from overseas.

https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/bank/coming-to-ireland/contact-us/

I hope this information helps and please let us know if you have any further queries.

Many thanks,
    Kat

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hovisbap

Hi Steve,

Thanks for reaching out to us here. We're delighted that you are considering BOI for your account.

You can certainly open a non-resident account with us. Our Coming to Ireland team can help with your application so your account would be ready before you move over. I've included a link below to our website with their contact information. You can also schedule a call-back on the below link as we understand that it can be expensive to call from overseas.

"link removed as I'm a new user"

I hope this information helps and please let us know if you have any further queries.

Many thanks,
    Kat
    That's great news Kat, thanks so much for the info. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

You're very welcome Steve.

We'd like to wish you the best of luck in your move and your future home.

Many thanks,
    Kat

Advertisement