Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rat Run Barriers

Options
  • 24-10-2019 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Dad of 1st year UCD student here.

Given where I live and where I work I can end up entering UCD to either drop off or collect my son to/from the O'Brien Centre for Science so I tend to use the N11 entrance but there are times when I am over on the Clonskeagh side and would like to enter UCD via the AIB entrance on Wynnsward Drive to get to the O'Brien Centre for Science but having been caught out by the rat run barrier one afternoon (Which I completely understand the need for) I'd appreciate if someone can tell me if the barriers are closed and re-opened on a fixed and fairly consistent schedule which I assume would be once during the morning rush hour and once for the evening rush hour?

If I knew the close and open times it would help me avoid getting caught half way and having to drive out and around which can take up to 45 minutes in bad traffic.

Normally that wouldn't be much of a problem as I'd just park up near the barrier and call my son to get him to walk over but he's on crutches for torn ligaments for the next 6 weeks so I need to be able to get right to the car park by the O'Brien Centre for Science each time.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭griffin100

From Estates Services website - Locked traffic barriers are in place to prevent through traffic. The barriers are in operation from: 07.00 to 10.30 and from 16.00 to 19.30 Monday to Friday. Clamping is in operation in UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭54and56

griffin100 wrote: »
    From Estates Services website - Locked traffic barriers are in place to prevent through traffic. The barriers are in operation from: 07.00 to 10.30 and from 16.00 to 19.30 Monday to Friday. Clamping is in operation in UCD

Thanks Griffin100, that's perfect and great to know. Really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Has that side even been re opened yet???

Get him a fold up bike and meet you at other side so you beat most of the traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭54and56

Has that side even been re opened yet???

Get him a fold up bike and meet you at other side so you beat most of the traffic.

Yes, both sides are open. I had to drop him off yesterday at 2pm and was coming from Stepaside so entered from the Clonskeagh side and excited the N11 side as I had to go to a meeting in Donnybrook afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

54and56 wrote: »
    Yes, both sides are open. I had to drop him off yesterday at 2pm and was coming from Stepaside so entered from the Clonskeagh side and excited the N11 side as I had to go to a meeting in Donnybrook afterwards.

Long time since I was through on the 17...

They were building so was closed off near 2 years I believe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement