Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bunk Cot Bed

• 24-10-2019 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get a bunk cot bed? Such is the lack of space we now require one but they don’t seem openly available here. Willing to drive the length of the country to get one. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Does anyone know where I can get a bunk cot bed? Such is the lack of space we now require one but they don’t seem openly available here. Willing to drive the length of the country to get one. Thanks

Could you put a cot under a high sleeper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

jlm29 wrote: »
    Could you put a cot under a high sleeper?

Ordinarily I would say no problem, the issue I have is both children are twins and 20 months old so cots are still required.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Could you do one of those Ikea bunk.with the double on the bottom and put them.both in.the double with a rail on the edge??

shesty wrote: »
    Could you do one of those Ikea bunk.with the double on the bottom and put them.both in.the double with a rail on the edge??

Due to a lack of space in the house we live in i'll have to go with 2 singles stacked on top of each other, i have another child ready to leave the moses basket to go into one of the cots, all of this in the master bedroom which is small enough.I got a suggestion over on twitter of the cot bed company but no one is online yet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Hmm.i'd say some sort of Ikea hack would get you sorted,if you were in in amy way handy.Sounds like very tight living quarters though.Sometimes if you look through pinterest you will see some great ideas for tight living space.
    Ikea have a cabin bunk which might be altered in some way?Its not too high which would be good for access for you both too, to the bed.

• Advertisement

Hmm.i'd say some sort of Ikea hack would get you sorted,if you were in in amy way handy.Sounds like very tight living quarters though.Sometimes if you look through pinterest you will see some great ideas for tight living space.

I have seen one on pinterest, is it trustworthy? Extremely tight is not the word.

No sorry i just mean i would use pinterest for ideas.Some Americans and Europeans have done amazing things with small living spaces and kids, often using Ikea products or similar.Might be good for some ideas.

No sorry i just mean i would use pinterest for ideas.Some Americans and Europeans have done amazing things with small living spaces and kids, often using Ikea products or similar.Might be good for some ideas.

Oh apologies, i thought it was a purchasing site. Will take a look. Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,726 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Young kids don’t need full length beds and often fit width wise in a single bed.

I’d be looking at getting to smaller cots. That fit the same space as a single bed.

Smaller cots won’t be much use for 20mth olds for long, they’ll be out of them in no time. I wouldn’t spend too much on cots for kids of that age, in 6mths time(or less) they could be climbing out of them. I don’t think you’ll get two cots bunks for that reason- once the child on top tries to climb out (and it probably will), it’s so dangerous.
    Would you consider a day bed (I’m thinking Hemnes from Ikea). Put a bed rail on the 4th side and it might be secure enough for both kids to sleep in.

• Advertisement

jlm29 wrote: »
    Smaller cots won’t be much use for 20mth olds for long, they’ll be out of them in no time. I wouldn’t spend too much on cots for kids of that age, in 6mths time(or less) they could be climbing out of them. I don’t think you’ll get two cots bunks for that reason- once the child on top tries to climb out (and it probably will), it’s so dangerous.
    Would you consider a day bed (I’m thinking Hemnes from Ikea). Put a bed rail on the 4th side and it might be secure enough for both kids to sleep in.

We have tried putting them in together as twin 2 is smaller than your average 20 month old, twins are generally smaller, and it hasn't worked out. I've looked at the Ikea site since my last post and they don't appear to have anything to solve my conundrum.Have you a link of the specific one in question? I accept your point regarding the climbing issue.

ted1 wrote: »
    Young kids don’t need full length beds and often fit width wise in a single bed.

I’d be looking at getting to smaller cots. That fit the same space as a single bed.

My living space is the problem plus my twins don't get on when in the same cot.

I can’t post a link because I’m on my phone, but if you search “Hemnes day bed” on the Ikea site, you’ll see what I mean, but it’s no use to you really if you can’t put them both in together.

Advertisement