Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Criminal Inquiry launched into the origins of the Trump-Russia investigation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

So there we have it… The FBI, under the Obama administration, became a political weapon and falsified documents in order to get legal permission to launch an investigation and spy on a Republican presidential campaign. And the media abandoned their journalistic integrity and turned a blind eye to the truth in order to cheer every illegal and underhanded tactic of the Democrats.

And the Democrats are impeaching Trump to provide cover for their own illegal malfeasance? Nothing more really needs to be said.

Just imagine what will come out in the Durham report. I hope our jails are big enough to house all the criminals involved in this... As long as our justice system doesn’t decide to turn a blind eye to all the corruption and illegal actions for ‘the good on the nation,' that is.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »
    So there we have it…the criminal inquiry launched into the origins of the Trump-Russia investigation found that the investigation was justified and there was no bias found.

Fixed that there for you.

Fixed that there for you.
    Barr and Durham would beg to differ.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Of course Barr would, he's a sock puppet who basically whored himself and his relatives out for the post in the first place. Durham, of course, is his own appointee so it's no surprise he's backing him up.

Nevertheless, his own department found that the investigation into the POTUS was legitimate and not borne out of any political motivation. Let that sink in. The Department of Justice found that there was reasonable suspicion that the Trump campaign conspired with a hostile foreign power to help his side win an election.

Of course Barr would, he's a sock puppet who basically whored himself and his relatives out for the post in the first place. Durham, of course, is his own appointee so it's no surprise he's backing him up.

Nevertheless, his own department found that the investigation into the POTUS was legitimate and not borne out of any political motivation. Let that sink in. The Department of Justice found that there was reasonable suspicion that the Trump campaign conspired with a hostile foreign power to help his side win an election.
    Doubling down on dumbassery is not a good look.

• Advertisement

I agree..... For once.

But let's face facts here. If the IG report stated that the investigation was unwarranted, you'd be shouting from the rooftops that the DOJ was a competent authority and should be listened to. Instead, you get to just dismiss it because it didn't come up with the answer you wanted and call anyone who disagrees a dumbass. Farcical. It's intellectually dishonest and like trying to debate with a 5 year old.

If the Durham investigation says the same, will you admit defeat?

I agree..... For once.

But let's face facts here. If the IG report stated that the investigation was unwarranted, you'd be shouting from the rooftops that the DOJ was a competent authority and should be listened to. Instead, you get to just dismiss it because it didn't come up with the answer you wanted and call anyone who disagrees a dumbass. Farcical. It's intellectually dishonest and like trying to debate with a 5 year old.

If the Durham investigation says the same, will you admit defeat?
    Yes I will. I doubt you would do the same.

Use your brain, man... If once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, and three times is enemy action... Then seventeen times has got to be political bias or a non-military coup, take your pick.

Too much outside the purview of Horwwitz... not so with Barr and Durham. Horowitz could only take the word of those biased individuals he interviewed, which was not everyone involved... Upstanding men and women, I’m sure. :rolleyes:

Look at the messages from Peter Strzok and tell me how in the world anyone can determine there was no political bias. And by the way... he was fired for his anti-Trump texts. Call me crazy but anti-Trump texts kinda leads one to believe there was political bias.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,253 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

You’ll just rubbish the Durham report as well when that says the same thing. I guess you must be young and have never watched any real coups happening (they don’t normally involve the use of laws set down in a constitution and due legal process)

MadYaker wrote: »
    You’ll just rubbish the Durham report as well when that says the same thing. I guess you must be young and have never watched any real coups happening (they don’t normally involve the use of laws set down in a constitution and due legal process)
    Not all coups are by military force. And the law and Constitution doesn’t allow for the FBI to alter documents in order to support a political agenda and obtain an illegal FISA warrant to spy on a political campaign and then an attempt to oust a duly elected president. Even my kids know this… so should you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Not all coups are by military force. And the law and Constitution doesn’t allow for the FBI to alter documents in order to support a political agenda and obtain an illegal FISA warrant to spy on a political campaign and then an attempt to oust a duly elected president. Even my kids know this… so should you.

Japers I pop in now and then. This is Dr. Strangelove farcical.

Trump is the one who initiated and consistently calls into question the loyalty and ethics of national intelligence, the CIA and FBI while bragging he knows better than the generals and asking Russia and China for support against political allies, that's not even touching the Ukraine thing. He also accused the then President of lying and not being a US citizen. So please tell us about your coup? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Japers I pop in now and then. This is Dr. Strangelove farcical.

Trump is the one who initiated and consistently calls into question the loyalty and ethics of national intelligence, the CIA and FBI while bragging he knows better than the generals and asking Russia and China for support against political allies, that's not even touching the Ukraine thing. He also accussed the then President of lying and not being a US citizen. So please tell us about your coup?
    You're wrong, but regardless, what has this got to do with my comment?

On a positive note (well positive for truth, justice and the American way, anyway) the Horowitz report did reveal a scandal of historic proportions. And it has nothing to do with the FBI’s lying to deceive the FISA court, its concealment of evidence, and their manipulation of documents in order to spy on a US citizen and campaign during a presidential election. It has to do with what the US mainstream media has claimed (under the guise of ‘reporting’) about all of the matters associated with Trump regarding Russia/Obstruction/Ukraine over the last three years… fed by Obama’s political operatives in the FBI, DOJ, CIA, DOD and State Department, of which have now been determined to be completely false. The media let Democrats do the reporting for them and merely served as lowly scribes. I wonder if the media will have the decency to give back all their Pulitzer Prizes over the last three years for stories written with information obtained via biased politicians, anonymous sources, and uncorroborated stories from Deep State operatives (aka Democrats)? Don’t hold your breath! Sadly, I fear credibility in US journalism will never be restored after this.

So the part that outlines the above is gospel, but the part that says the investigation was properly warranted is a load of bollocks?

Riiiiiiight.

Must be handy, going around cherrypicking the bits and pieces of info that support your view and dismissing the rest as fake conspiracy nonsense.

So the part that outlines the above is gospel, but the part that says the investigation was properly warranted is a load of bollocks?

Riiiiiiight.

Must be handy, going around cherrypicking the bits and pieces of info that support your view and dismissing the rest as fake conspiracy nonsense.
    You must have missed the point where Horowitz testified he could not rule out political bias as a possible motivation for the 17 errors the FBI made in applications for the Page surveillance. Unfortunately, much of the needed data to make an informed decision was outside Horowitz’s purview, but that is not the case in Durham’s investigation. That is why Durham quickly released a statement… “Based on the evidence collected to date, and while our investigation is ongoing, last month we advised the inspector general that we do not agree with some of the report’s conclusions as to predication and how the FBI case was opened,". That's not cherrypicking... those are the facts.

I wonder if any of this came from Barr’s recent overseas trips regarding his investigation? According to reporting by John Soloman:
    As the U.S. presidential race began roaring to life in 2016, authorities in the former Soviet republic of Latvia flagged a series of “ suspicious” financial transactions to Hunter Biden and other colleagues at a Ukrainian natural gas company and sought Kiev’s help investigating, according to documents and interviews.

The Feb. 18, 2016 alert to Ukraine came from the Latvian prosecutorial agency responsible for investigating money laundering, and it specifically questioned whether Vice President Joe Biden’s younger son and three other officials at Burisma Holdings were the potential beneficiaries of suspect funds.

“The Office for Prevention of Laundering of Proceeds Derived from Criminal Activity … is currently investigating suspicious activity of Burisma Holdings Limited,” the Latvian agency also known as the FIU wrote Ukraine’s financial authorities.

The memo was released to me by the Ukrainian General Prosecutor’s Office and confirmed by the Latvian embassy to the United States.

Hmmm…. Seems Trump DID have reason to be concerned about what the Bidens had been doing regarding Ukraine. I know Democrats are trying to impeach Trump for the very things it appears Joe Biden actually did by threats. But in Trump’s case... it’s called “Doing his job.”

So I guess now Latvia is helping Trump smear his political rival. I hear Pelosi, Nadler and Shiff are investigating whether they can impeach Latvia.

You must have missed the point where Horowitz testified he could not rule out political bias as a possible motivation for the 17 errors the FBI made in applications for the Page surveillance. Unfortunately, much of the needed data to make an informed decision was outside Horowitz’s purview, but that is not the case in Durham’s investigation.

[snip]

That's not cherrypicking... those are the facts.

You are 100% cherry-picking the bits that you like while glossing over the other facts and findings. You're also being disingenuous with the truth here. The report "identified there were 17 significant inaccuracies or omissions in applications for a warrant from the Fisa court". That's a big difference to your statement that "Horowitz testified he could not rule out political bias as a motivation for 17 significant....."

You also neglect to mention that the report states:
    The FBI had an "authorized purpose" to launch the Russia investigation.
    The FBI did not use the so-called Steele dossier to start the probe as it was received by the feds after the probe was launched
    There is no "documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the decisions to open the four individual investigations" into the Trump campaign aides George Papadopoulos and Carter Page, former national security adviser Michael Flynn, and former Trump campaign Chairman Paul Manafort.
    There is no "documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the FBI's decision to seek FISA authority on Carter Page."
    The report uncovered several pro-Trump text messages exchanged between two FBI employees on November 9, 2016, the day after Trump won the election - Hardly political bias against the great Orange one

Source: PDF of the report as issued

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,853 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Nope, it’s even bigger than the assassination of Abraham Lincoln and a second term for Barack Obama.

BAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAAAA

You are 100% cherry-picking the bits that you like while glossing over the other facts and findings. You're also being disingenuous with the truth here. The report "identified there were 17 significant inaccuracies or omissions in applications for a warrant from the Fisa court". That's a big difference to your statement that "Horowitz testified he could not rule out political bias as a motivation for 17 significant....."

You also neglect to mention that the report states:

Source: PDF of the report as issued
    Bull$hit! Use your god given brain, man, and stop taking the word of our Trump hating media as gospel. Yeah, our biased media has fed us a false narrative that Horowitz’s report found no evidence of political bias, but it's lies. Lies because he actually did discover political bias, but he wasn't tasked with making a determination on intent. And even though he couldn’t make a determination on intent he did testify that evidence of political bias was found.
    Senator Johnson (R-Wisc.), "But you definitely — in both these investigations, you found political bias?"

Horowitz replied, "We found through the text messages evidence of people’s political bias, correct."
    He also said the FBI’s explanations for their errors were not credible:
    Senator Hawley: "They were competent enough to deliberately mislead the FISA court, to change submissions to the FISA court, to alter emails. It doesn’t sound like they’re very stupid to me. What's the explanation? Why over time, why would all of these people. four times over the space of half a year, deliberately mislead a federal court?"

Horowitz: "So we ultimately make — we don’t make a conclusion as to the intent here. So I want to be clear about that... There are so many errors, we couldn’t reach a conclusion or make a determination on what motivated those failures other than we did not credit what we lay out here were the explanations we got.

Then, regarding the explanations given by the FBI for the deceptive applications for the FISA warrants:
    Horowitz said, "we didn’t find any of the explanations particularly satisfactory." "I can’t tell you as I sit here whether it was gross incompetence, and I think with the volume of errors you could make an argument that that would be a hard sell... I can think of plenty of motivations that could have caused that to occur."

There was also the FBI attorney who doctored records in order to get the FISA warrant extended. Horowitz said he had an obvious anti-Trump bias.
    Senator Rand Paul: “But could you then specifically say the opposite, that actually in this instance there actually was evidence of political bias and evidence of record-changing that looks like malfeasance?”

Horowitz: “There is evidence of both, I agree with you.”

Those are the facts, bub!

The Democrats have waged war with this and the impeachment nonsense. The Republicans in the House should use the Democrats playbook and impeach Joe Biden for doing what the Dems accuse Trump of doing. And they wouldn’t have to pay for some bogus dossier on him... just use his own words on tape. Impeachment wouldn’t remove Joe from any office but it would keep him from holding any future high office. The Democrats should reap what they sowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Update: At least two of the FISA renewals were UNLAWFUL:
    Spy Court Admits FISA Warrants Against Carter Page Were ‘Not Valid’

Judge James Boasberg, the current federal judge presiding over the FISA court, wrote in his order that at least two of the four FISA applications against Carter Page were unlawfully authorized. Additionally, according his order, the Department of Justice similarly concluded following the release of a sprawling investigate report on the matter by the agency’s inspector general that the government did not have probable cause that Page was acting as an agent of a foreign power. The FISA law states that American citizens cannot be secretly spied on by the U.S. government absent probable cause, based on valid evidence, that an American is unlawfully acting as a foreign agent.

“DOJ assesses that with respect to the applications in Docket Numbers 17-375 and 17-679, ‘if not earlier, there was insufficient predication to establish probable cause to believe that [Carter] Page was acting as an agent of a foreign power,'” Boasberg wrote, referring to the final two of the four FISA applications to spy on Page. “The Court understands the government to have concluded, in view of the material misstatements and omissions, that the Court’s authorizations in Docket Numbers 17-375 and 17-679 were not valid.”

Boasberg’s ruling noted that DOJ had not yet taken a position on the lawfulness of the first two applications against Page, but was currently collecting information to assess whether those two spy applications were also invalid. The invalid applications specified by Boasberg were dated April 7 and June 29 of 2017. The false and invalid April 7 application was personally signed by James Comey, while the false and invalid June 29 application was signed by Andrew McCabe. Both men were referred for criminal prosecution by the inspector general. Former deputy attorney general Rod Rosenstein, who is alleged to have offered to wear a wire against President Donald Trump, also signed off on the false June 29 FISA warrant against Page.

fisa1.jpg

Still all just a conspiracy theory? :)

• Advertisement

"The evidence shows we're not dealing with just mistakes or sloppiness, there was something far more troubling happening here

"The people who abused FISA have a lot to answer for because this was an important tool to protect the American people, they abused it"

Tick Tock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,253 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Still sounds extremely vague despite all the time spent on it. Lots of "ifs" and "theys" .They need to hurry up because they'll all be out of a job by the new year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

About time, was ridiculous the way it happened. Imagine one outcome is more people will be reluctant to speak to the F.B.I.

About time, was ridiculous the way it happened. Imagine one outcome is more people will be reluctant to speak to the F.B.I.

https://mobile.twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/1258476104333119488

Just because the charges have been dropped, doesn't mean he isn't guilty. Didn't he admit to lying under oath, twice?

Have you really never read Flynn's side?

As was said for years, he pleaded guilty because they suggested they would go after his son otherwise. This was called a "right wing conspiracy theory" even though there was substantial evidence to support it. The left just rolled their eyes and focused back on 'Get Trump!' On Boards a user merely saying "But he plead guilty!!' whenever the subject came up would often get 25 backslaps or more. Very few bothered to look at the case objectively:

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/495366-something-seems-rotten-in-flynns-case-and-maybe-others-too

Indictments are in the offing for what went on with these people in 2016/2017. They thought they could do as they liked. It's worst than Watergate in my view and yet the mainstream liberal media have barely reported on it so far. Or at least not in any amplified way.

This is nothing, however, compared to what's coming.

Flynn should sue the pants off every department involved and every agent involved personally. Ruin them all financially as they did to him. Now time to find out how much and when did Obama and Biden know of the effort to destroy Flynn by hook and by crook. Muller and his merry band of Trump hating attorneys also need to be put under investigation.

Trump should appoint Flynn director of the FBI just to watch democrats and the biased media's heads explode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

https://mobile.twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/1258476104333119488

Just because the charges have been dropped, doesn't mean he isn't guilty. Didn't he admit to lying under oath, twice?

Lying under oath seems to be commonplace these days for all parties. The actions of those trying to snare Flynne seems a lot more suspect than the man himself at times.

Seems it was the right call to let things play out rather than go with the pardon option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

"Yes!!" lol

Outlaw Pete there celebrating like he's just watched his favourite team winning a cup final :pac: :pac: :pac:

Advertisement