Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Criminal Inquiry launched into the origins of the Trump-Russia investigation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Billy Mays wrote: »
    "Yes!!" lol

Outlaw Pete there celebrating like he's just watched his favourite team winning a cup final :pac: :pac: :pac:

Everyone should celebrate justice.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Igotadose wrote: »
    Derangement indeed.

I'd suggest you stop obsessing about the black guy. That might fly in the US but not so much here. He won both elections handily. You're unhappy with the results - well, too bad. Get over it. to quote the current acting CoS.
    The guy who is now neck deep into the illegal spying on the Trump campaign and the efforts to take down Trump's presidency?

I understand more intel will be forthcoming and more damning than even the recent disclosures of Obama blue dress.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »

Yeah, cos sacking your AG and installing your sock-puppet, while giving his kids cushy white house jobs,so that he can pardon and absolve you and your allies of crimes, including dropping investigations into crimes which the perpetrator admitted guilt is 'justice' personified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Your president bought Barr. Barr let a man who pleaded guilty off. Your country has no justice. It's been sold off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Can't wait to see the democrats paying for the wars they created recently. Clinton also for what he did in Yugoslavia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,253 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Flynn should sue the pants off every department involved and every agent involved personally. Ruin them all financially as they did to him. Now time to find out how much and when did Obama and Biden know of the effort to destroy Flynn by hook and by crook. Muller and his merry band of Trump hating attorneys also need to be put under investigation.

Trump should appoint Flynn director of the FBI just to watch democrats and the biased media's heads explode.

It’s honestly sad to see an American citizen cheering on corruption at the highest level of their government. Yet another example of the trump administration seeing how much they can get away with. Turns out it’s quite a lot. Trumps feeble minded corruption is already doing damage but if I was American what would really worry me is someone getting elected who’s equally corrupt but also politically savvy.

MadYaker wrote: »
    It’s honestly sad to see an American citizen cheering on corruption at the highest level of their government. Yet another example of the trump administration seeing how much they can get away with. Turns out it’s quite a lot. Trumps feeble minded corruption is already doing damage but if I was American what would really worry me is someone getting elected who’s equally corrupt but also politically savvy.
    Cheering on the dropping of charges against Flynn should be celebrated as the corruption of the Obama administration is finally seeing it's day of reckoning.

Cheering on the dropping of charges against Flynn should be celebrated as the corruption of the Obama administration is finally seeing it's day of reckoning.

But that just isn’t reality I’m afraid. Why are you so determined to support this guy trampling all over everything your country used to stand for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

So are any of ye betting on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,511 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Flynn isn't off the hook just yet

Flynn isn't off the hook just yet
    Dream on.

Is Obama currently the subject of any criminal investigation?

Is Obama currently the subject of any criminal investigation?
    We don't know as of yet. Durham has been recently ramping up his staff with people that are considered more prosecutors than investigators.

But let's be real here. Nobody should fool themselves... For the good of the nation Obama, Biden and H Clinton will not be prosecuted. They'll let the court of public opinion decide their fate. The highest level of the Obama administration and malfeasants Barr and Durham might prosecute is Brennen, Clapper, Comey, McCabe, Strzok and Page. Pretty high ups, nonetheless.

We don't know as of yet. Durham has been recently ramping up his staff with people that are considered more prosecutors than investigators.

But let's be real here. Nobody should fool themselves... For the good of the nation Obama, Biden and H Clinton will not be prosecuted. They'll let the court of public opinion decide their fate. The highest level of the Obama administration and malfeasants Barr and Durham might prosecute is Brennen, Clapper, Comey, McCabe, Strzok and Page. Pretty high ups, nonetheless.

So is it worth it to cheer on your country being dismantled by the self interested to try get an unlikely 'win' against the Democrats?

Bowie wrote: »
    So is it worth it to cheer on your country being dismantled by the self interested to try get an unlikely 'win' against the Democrats?
    Since justice won't be served and Obama, Biden and H Clinton will most probably walk away from illegalities, it's the best one can hope for.

Since justice won't be served and Obama, Biden and H Clinton will most probably walk away from illegalities, it's the best one can hope for.

ruining your country to own the libs. the stupidity of trump supporters knows no bounds

ruining your country to own the libs. the stupidity of trump supporters knows no bounds
    Wishing the rule of law is applied equally to all people? Accepting the best you can get? You consider that stupid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

It's very telling when you see certain people who devoted so much time talking about the rule of law with regards to Russia Collusion allegations, and also the allegations that the office of President was abused in an effort to solicit help in an upcoming election (with little or no evidence to support either) then suddenly moan about how a country is being ruined by attempts to investigate allegations made about a different set of politicians. Just a coincidence I'm sure that these particular politicians happen to lean the same way they do on the political spectrum.

It's very telling when you see certain people who devoted so much time talking about the rule of law with regards to Russia Collusion allegations, and also the allegations that the office of President was abused in an effort to solicit help in an upcoming election (with little or no evidence to support either) then suddenly moan about how a country is being ruined by attempts to investigate allegations made about a different set of politicians. Just a coincidence I'm sure that these particular politicians happen to lean the same way they do on the political spectrum.

That’s absolutely not what people have been saying in this thread. The country is being ruined by Trumps incompetence. Not investigations into FISA warrants.

• Advertisement

That’s absolutely not what people have been saying in this thread. The country is being ruined by Trumps incompetence. Not investigations into FISA warrants.
    The country is being ruined by the Trump Derangement Syndrome of democrats and their media allies.

The country is being ruined by the Trump Derangement Syndrome of democrats and their media allies.

Oh right. So they are the ones who failed to prepare the country for coronavirus despite adequate advance warning from as early as January? I wasn’t aware trump had put the democrats and their media allies in charge of the coronavirus response.

So if you don't like justice you'll make your own. That goes against the whole U.S.A. and what it stands for surely? You are coming across like you would support a dictatorship not answerable to the people but a few undemocratic self interests if they have your politics. That's saddening. So ends democracy in the U.S.A.

I think they need to vote him in for another term. Maybe then they’ll learn. A destroyed economy and hundreds of thousands of deaths obviously isn’t bad enough to make them realise that electing on orange reality TV star to your highest office is a bad idea. What would it take I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,612 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Wishing the rule of law is applied equally to all people? Accepting the best you can get? You consider that stupid?

Wouldn't that mean prosecuting pretty much every presiedent going back to Nixon?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Wouldn't that mean prosecuting pretty much every presiedent going back to Nixon?
    That’s a complicated question. One that would need determine the supposed crimes committed and there severity and legality, whether the decisions made (good or bad) fall within the scope of the job of president as you can’t try someone for merely making a mistake if they were based on the best intel available at the time, and the statute of limitations. So, maybe, maybe not.

Really?
    The Special Counsel investigation uncovered extensive criminal activity

The investigation produced 37 indictments; seven guilty pleas or convictions; and compelling evidence that the president obstructed justice on multiple occasions. Mueller also uncovered and referred 14 criminal matters to other components of the Department of Justice.

Trump associates repeatedly lied to investigators about their contacts with Russians, and President Trump refused to answer questions about his efforts to impede federal proceedings and influence the testimony of witnesses.

A statement signed by over 1,000 former federal prosecutors concluded that if any other American engaged in the same efforts to impede federal proceedings the way Trump did, they would likely be indicted for multiple charges of obstruction of justice.

Russia engaged in extensive attacks on the U.S. election system in 2016

Russian interference in the 2016 election was “sweeping and systemic.”

Major attack avenues included a social media “information warfare” campaign that “favored” candidate Trump and the hacking of Clinton campaign-related databases and release of stolen materials through Russian-created entities and Wikileaks.

Russia also targeted databases in many states related to administering elections gaining access to information for millions of registered voters.

There is a mountain of evidence relating to both of the incidents you're referring to. Just because the powers that be chose not to act on that evidence doesn't mean it no longer exists. I mean, Trump Jr himself tweeted that they were in contact with the Russians to help leverage the other side, how can you not see that as evidence of collusion?

Barr is now saying that Biden and Obama won’t be investigated as part of the probe. Sounds like another anti climax in the making.

Barr is now saying that Biden and Obama won’t be investigated as part of the probe. Sounds like another anti climax in the making.
    I always said they wouldn’t be prosecuted. But their high ranking political generals of Brennan, Clapper, McCabe and Comey are different matters. Now if they sing and point to Obama and Biden to order to get reduced sentences that isn't an investigation into them, right?

• Advertisement

I always said they wouldn’t be prosecuted. But their high ranking political generals of Brennan, Clapper, McCabe and Comey are different matters. Now if they sing and point to Obama and Biden to order to get reduced sentences that isn't an investigation into them, right?

you're delusional

Advertisement