Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tado Smart Thermostat with Horstmann H47XL programmer

• 25-10-2019 10:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have the Tado smart heating system in my house and I like it a lot. My system is very basic, no zones and it was initially just ran off an old manual timer switch.

Anyway, my sister saw mine and decided she wanted it so we ordered everything off Amazon.

Her setup is a lot more complex than mine though. They have 3 zones and then hot water controlled by the Horstmann programmer. They don't have any thermostats in the house.

I asked Tado support how best to set this up and after a few questions over and back he said Tado isn't compatible with the Horstmann programmer. I asked him if they could change anything to make it work but he hasn't come back yet.

I'm wondering if anyone here has set up Tado with a system the same or close to this?

I will attach some photos of the parts. I'd imagine if it's possible the sister would change the programmer if that helps.

Thanks,
    Mac

### Edit ###

I got an update from a technician to say the issue with the sisters setup is the fact the Horstmann is a 4 channel programmer and that the Tado cannot control this when they don't have any wired thermostats. If they had wired thermostats then they would have been able to be replaced with smart thermostats and work that way.

It's a pity. I reckon there should be some compromise here to get it working or change the Horstmann programmer perhaps. I'd be interested in hearing any of your thoughts or ideas on this.

Advertisement