Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Week 10 Match Day Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

KdB saying that it's not his goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

KDB says he doesn’t think it’s his goal in post match interview on BT

41 from Sterling DeBryume and Mendy, I'll take that after having 0 lecisters players last night

Or maybe not if Debruynes goal is taken off him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ace2007 wrote: »
    KdB saying that it's not his goal

They don’t usually change goal scorers at this stage. Let’s see what happens. I have both De Bruyne and Mendy so obviously I need to hope it stays as is.

I couldn’t see a touch on the replays myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Have a feeling his goal will be reversed. Hope it wont though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Benimar wrote: »
    KDB says he doesn’t think it’s his goal in post match interview on BT

He'd want to shut his lying mouth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Degag wrote: »

If it is, who gets the goal and assist?

At this stage, it usually only happens via the dubious goals panel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

How often do FPL reverse decisions after full time? They usually don't

Happy4all wrote: »
    If it is, who gets the goal and assist?

Would be De Bruyne assist David Silva goal in that case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

To who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

KevIRL wrote: »
    Boly broken ankle apparently. Misses tomorrow anyway

This is absolutely incredible
    Can not believe this weekend
    2 ft burned and plans up in smoke with them

All that sweating over which defenders to play.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Is Sterling that good in FF terms though? Kdb is a must imo, but Sterling doesn't really do that much for his price. If Dilva got the goal awarded to him he would be out scoring Sterling, and is 4.4m cheaper.

Given that do you really think Sterling is a must? He has played 220 minutes more than Aguero - but has less points? He's a really good footballer, but that doesn't mean he's good FF option.

He looks by a distance City's most dangerous player, and has scored bundles outside of PL, but you are sort of right. For whatever reason it hasn't fallen for him in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

CSF wrote: »
    Would be De Bruyne assist David Silva goal in that case

Could they go back and scratch it out? Appalling decision by VAR who are ruining the game. I mean, in what world could they not see Silva's touch (meaning Sterling is offside and surely obstructing the keepers view).

I say all of this with De Bruyne as my vice captain and potentially being my captain this week.

The whole thing is a complete farce. Oh and don't get me started on Peter Walton on BT, complete moron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Only 2bps for sterling.

Mendy 3 Stirling 2, ederson 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Only 2bps for sterling.

De Bruyne misses out on a bonus by one meaning I miss out on 3 points by 2 BPS points. Same old story.

Only 2bps for sterling.

Brought Mendy in this week, but how has he got three BPS....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

1 major return more than any other player

For those who are expecting the Premier League to reverse the goal scorer, do consider that in doing so they’d be admitting their referees got the awarding of the goal wrong despite having VAR. Not sure they’ll do that. Maybe.

For those who are expecting the Premier League to reverse the goal scorer, do consider that in doing so they’d be admitting their referees got the awarding of the goal wrong despite having VAR. Not sure they’ll do that. Maybe.

The goal which ended the game as a contest, would be a massive admission.

But I had KDB c and Mendy so it's going to be given to Silva

• Advertisement

Cleansheets plus assist is the bonus jackpot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

As a general rule they try not to embarrass their referees. I think the decision as is will stand

The goal which ended the game as a contest, would be a massive admission.

But I had KDB c and Mendy so it's going to be given to Silva

Personally I can’t actually see a touch, like that’s not to say that bounces etc don’t indicate he might have touched it. But I can’t actually physically see his body connect with the ball with the benefit of replays.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    1 major return more than any other player

Good way of looking at it actually.

Good to see him taken off early as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Looking forward to sheff united conceding while west ham keep a clean sheet and Fredricks cameos and gets booked
    The form
    Is
    Not
    Good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Well they have come out at the last international break and admit that there have been wrongs with VAR to date. And they may come out again in future.

I don't think it will change, but it's not good for the game when the reason it's given to KdB is because had it been given to Silva it would have been rules out, so we have to give it to KdB now regardless of what the players said, or what happened.

Should VAR be used by FF for making decisions, when it's not used for all aspects of the game? - If there was a deflected goal - would Fantasy Football consult with VAR to see if it should be an OG or not? If there is a contentious assist - do they check with VAR or do they make their own mind up?

Could FPL reverse it I wonder?

I don't think the review happens before the end of the gameweek so it will stand

siblers wrote: »
    Could FPL reverse it I wonder?

They won’t. As has been mentioned above they may admit wrongdoing by their VAR referees but they’ve often been loathe to do so. Even the referee on the BT Sport panel stands by it and says he doesn’t touch it.

If it was a clear mistake they’d have to take their oil, but in the absence of anyone being able to show a stillscreen of a body part touching the ball, I suspect they won’t do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Is Sterling that good in FF terms though? Kdb is a must imo, but Sterling doesn't really do that much for his price. If Dilva got the goal awarded to him he would be out scoring Sterling, and is 4.4m cheaper.

Given that do you really think Sterling is a must? He has played 220 minutes more than Aguero - but has less points? He's a really good footballer, but that doesn't mean he's good FF option.
    He has scored way over 200 pts the last 2 seasons. Chances are he will end up being Citys highest FF points scorer again. He has 7 goals in 9 league starts.

Advertisement