Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can’t seem to get this at all

• 25-10-2019 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭

I’m fine when driving but when the lesson asks me to do it the proper correct way checking all mirrors to make sure examiner knows I’m checking I seem to get my mind in a state and things get messy

Same with the turning corners slowing right down switch to 2nd checking mirrors it’s a nightmare for me and I just can’t get it in a smooth way

I’m also bad at swerving over bus lane lines a tiny bit he said am I anxious about hitting cars on the opposite side of the road now I’m just anxious about the whole aspect of driving lol it’s a nightmare now for me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

biggebruv wrote: »
    I’m fine when driving but when the lesson asks me to do it the proper correct way checking all mirrors to make sure examiner knows I’m checking I seem to get my mind in a state and things get messy

Same with the turning corners slowing right down switch to 2nd checking mirrors it’s a nightmare for me and I just can’t get it in a smooth way

I’m also bad at swerving over bus lane lines a tiny bit he said am I anxious about hitting cars on the opposite side of the road now I’m just anxious about the whole aspect of driving lol it’s a nightmare now for me

Best advice is just to keep at it, the more you practice the more it will become second nature to you.

Perhaps your instructor can take you somewhere quieter to get used to the techniques and then out on the road to put them into practice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭steve_r

I found doing a long drive very good to make things second nature. I got anxious and stressed as well and really the only way to get through it is to practice untill you stop overthinking it. Easier said than done I know

Advertisement