Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone would turn on

• 25-10-2019 8:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭

Just seeing what others would do in this situation as I'm not sure myself.

My OnePlus 6t.. battery went flat the other day.
    I plugged it in and after 15min I try to turn it back on.
    No joy.
    Tried resetting several times but wouldn't switch on.
    Left plugged in all night hoping it would start up in the morning but still the same.
    Tried plugging to laptop but not recognized on that either.

So got onto OnePlus and after several hours finally got a repair sorted and pickup by ups.

Problem is after all that the phone came on.
    It was 20 hrs later after trying.
    My warranty is up in 2 weeks time so should I send it back or put it down to a once off glitch?
    If the phone goes back and it's working is there any point?
    Oh yeah, battery was at 52% when I came on so it was using battery doing something while off.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

blade1 wrote: »
    Just seeing what others would do in this situation as I'm not sure myself.

My OnePlus 6t.. battery went flat the other day.
    I plugged it in and after 15min I try to turn it back on.
    No joy.
    Tried resetting several times but wouldn't switch on.
    Left plugged in all night hoping it would start up in the morning but still the same.
    Tried plugging to laptop but not recognized on that either.

So got onto OnePlus and after several hours finally got a repair sorted and pickup by ups.

Problem is after all that the phone came on.
    It was 20 hrs later after trying.
    My warranty is up in 2 weeks time so should I send it back or put it down to a once off glitch?
    If the phone goes back and it's working is there any point?
    Oh yeah, battery was at 52% when I came on so it was using battery doing something while off.

Definitely send it back. It'll almost certainly reemerge as an issue soon, and even if it doesn't, why take the chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭davo2001

You do know that the OnePlus comes with a 2 year warranty and not one (if purchased from them directly).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭blade1

davo2001 wrote: »
    You do know that the OnePlus comes with a 2 year warranty and not one (if purchased from them directly).

No I didn't know that!!.. and it's the 4th phone I have purchased from them.
    I was thinking if I send it back while working they might just send it back to me when they see it's working.

Thats fantastic news!
    Theres no panic so!

Thanks for replies lads.

Id love to know what was chewing up the battery life while it wouldn't switch on.

Advertisement