Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delete all internet browsers from smart phone.

Options
  • 25-10-2019 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to delete all internet browsers completely from my smart phone . I've read to do this you need to root the device.
    Double Dutch to me, where can I find someone to root my device and remove internet browsers while leaving me access to app's .
    Phone is a Samsung S8.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Car99 wrote: »
    Hi,

I want to delete all internet browsers completely from my smart phone . I've read to do this you need to root the device.
    Double Dutch to me, where can I find someone to root my device and remove internet browsers while leaving me access to app's .
    Phone is a Samsung S8.

Cheers.

Why? Also would it not just be easier to disable them and hide them with a launcher if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Hi,

Phone is a Samsung S8.

Cheers.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/how-to/guide-how-to-install-twrp-root-galaxy-t3752480

What version of Android is running on it?
    Once it is rooted, you can use Termux or Root Uninstaller to remove anything that you don't want on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Why? Also would it not just be easier to disable them and hide them with a launcher if needed.

How do you hide them with a launcher?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

How do you hide them with a launcher?

Plenty of launchers allow you hide apps such as Lawnchair or Nova.

I use lawnchair v2 from here (just pick the latest one)

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/deletescape/lawnchair/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Librechair is working perfectly now too.

How many browsers do you have?
    I would have thought only two are difficult to remove (Samsung and Chrome).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Suckit wrote: »
    Librechair is working perfectly now too.

How many browsers do you have?
    I would have thought only two are difficult to remove (Samsung and Chrome).

I have two Samsung and chrome.

Advertisement