Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Irish City/Place for a long weekend break?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Based on experience I'd want to go Kerry just out of fond memories of when I was younger going with my parents.

After that would vote Galway, Belfast and Dublin. Had a brilliant one night stay outside Belfast early this year but that was mainly for a great hotel/restaurant and spa package so location didn't really come into it. Stayed in Galway briefly for a music festival years ago and it was brilliant. Have never stayed in Dublin until recently but went to the Post Malone concert and stayed in the city in the Russell Court Hotel and it ticked all the boxes for the woman and me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Just to let everyone know that poll is to close soon.

Poll closed. Seems that Galway is the most popular, no surprise with good showings for Cork and Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

I'd have voted for Doolin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Upforthematch

Surprised how even the voting was if you take galway and cork out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Calling Derry Londonderry should result in a pistol whipping if you are registered as Oirish.

I wonder is anyone interested in a weekend break?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,346 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Cork City without a doubt. Has an incredible amount of quality cafes, pubs and food places all in walking distance of each other. Also very regular quality transport links to touristy places like Cobh, Fota, Middleton and Blarney. Feels like a real working city on an evening out too as opposed to a place that the whole bar is tourists or students.

After Cork it would be Dublin. End of the day it has the most stuff.

I could never do a long weekend in small towns like Kilkenny or Killarney. A long day or a night would be more than enough. Ennis a lovely town for that too.

Cork a great spot. Not fond of Killarney either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Ennis is ok.

• Advertisement
Advertisement