Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brexit discussion thread XII (Please read OP before posting)

Options
1312313314315316318»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

trellheim wrote: »
    He managed to get to be PM, and Mayor of London - hardly jobs you fall into, Jim Hacker aside . A lot of it is an act , granted . However I do not know what he stands for - which is a very different position from other Tory PMs like Major and Thatcher

Politically, he was very much a One Nation Tory but he sold his soul for fame and power. His Ego got the better of him. He is now a pathetic glove puppet for Cummings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭Jizique

trellheim wrote: »
    He managed to get to be PM, and Mayor of London - hardly jobs you fall into, Jim Hacker aside . A lot of it is an act , granted . However I do not know what he stands for - which is a very different position from other Tory PMs like Major and Thatcher

He managed that largely due to his role on a tv comedy series which convinced large parts of the London electorate that he was a bit of fun, not a xenophobic nationalist which is what got him elected as leader of the party

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

As we are reaching the 10000 post threshold, I’ve created a new thread here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058099620

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement