Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carers Allowance - waiting time for back pay

• 26-10-2019 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello. After a 10 month trek and appeal, I have just received word that my appeal was allowed for Carers Allowance for my dad on 21st October. I just wondered if anyone knows the recent waiting times for back pay and start of the weekly payment. Many thanks for any help. Just would like to know to organise my finances which are all over the place after such a long wait.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Hello. After a 10 month trek and appeal, I have just received word that my appeal was allowed for Carers Allowance for my dad on 21st October. I just wondered if anyone knows the recent waiting times for back pay and start of the weekly payment. Many thanks for any help. Just would like to know to organise my finances which are all over the place after such a long wait.

In about a month to 6 weeks or so from now you’ll hear from carers giving you the date that your carers will start and telling you from which date it was awarded.
    You might be lucky and get the arrears on that date or you could be waiting anything up until 8 weeks for them.
    If you were getting another SW payment in the meantime than it will be deducted from the arrears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 germany1990

Hi splinter i am new to this. but here goes,i am in the process of applying for carers allowance for my parents. my dad has been caring for my mother since 2003 and now he needs care.so in effect does that mean it may be quicker to have my claim for my mother assessed as she is already on the system as been cared for?how hard/long is this process. thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 4 annemarieh23

Thank you Splinter 65. I wait patiently!!

Do you also happen to know if I will get the carers grant. my claim will start from 29th January when they received it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭BillieT

Do you also happen to know if I will get the carers grant. my claim will start from 29th January when they received it. Thanks

Yes, you will get the grant too :)

• Advertisement

Hello all. Finally got my letter confirming payment will start next week with back pay from January. I will wait patiently for the Carers Support Grant now. Thanks for help and info on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Hello all. Finally got my letter confirming payment will start next week with back pay from January. I will wait patiently for the Carers Support Grant now. Thanks for help and info on this.

The Carers support grant will most probably be included in your arrears in January .

Advertisement