Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothing repairs

Options
  • 26-10-2019 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend somewhere good near Stillorgan that does clothing repairs?

Zipper (the actual bit that moves) fell to pieces today on a pair of trousers but the trousers are fairly new so it'd be a shame to throw them out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

While sitting at home, Google 'repairs and alterations'. You'll get a list of local places offering the service.

By default, almost all dry cleaners take in items for repair, they just pass it one to someone around the corner and add on a hefty uplift.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

coylemj wrote: »
    While sitting at home, Google 'repairs and alterations'. You'll get a list of local places offering the service.

By default, almost all dry cleaners take in items for repair, they just pass it one to someone around the corner and add on a hefty uplift.

No need to be an as$hole. I didn't ask for any place, I asked if anyone could recommend a good place. Google and yelp reviews are too few to be reliable.

I'm newish to South Dublin, I know of good places around where I grew up and in the city centre, but not around where I am now. Heaven forbid I might want to give a little bit of business to someone local.

Hope you feel good after your little put down attempt (but I hate to break it to you, I don't feel put down...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

I got some work done in Inna Alterations recently. They're on the old Dublin Rd just beyond Baumanns. A bit expensive but very good IMO!! Mav

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

No need to be an as$hole. I didn't ask for any place, I asked if anyone could recommend a good place. Google and yelp reviews are too few to be reliable.
    He was not being an asshole in the slightest!

I can only guess you thought his "while sitting at home" comment was being a smartarse, but it is since google will detect your location, rather than searching while in work or travelling somewhere.

Zip repair/replacement kits can be got on ebay, I plan on buying some, hate the way they cheap out on zips on otherwise good quality stuff, when it would cost pittance more for a good one.

I have had several things repaired by the Zip Yard in Dun Laoghaire. I have always had a good experience with them,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

Sarah Alterations on the Old Dublin Road Stillorgan always gives excellent service. I've had several zippers replaced by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

On the hill in Stillorgan, past the Stillorgan Orchard pup. Upstairs over the barbers I think. Have had many items repaired there and cannot fault the workmanship. Now I have brainfade about the name but it's not hard to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

On the hill in Stillorgan, past the Stillorgan Orchard pup. Upstairs over the barbers I think. Have had many items repaired there and cannot fault the workmanship. Now I have brainfade about the name but it's not hard to find.

Plus one on this place too. Cant remember name either but think Sew is in the name . Upstairs just past Orchard, got zips and alterations on agood few ocassions and very reasonable

Advertisement