Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMW iDrive tyre pressure RDC playing up

• 26-10-2019 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭

I’ve an f30 3 series. First time bmw owner and only had it a couple of months so bear with me. Yesterday morning got a warning saying to check the tyre pressure. I reset it and it showed up on the display all 4 tyres being green. However the same warning has come up twice since. I thought with the tyres showing up green on the iDrive display that the tyres are all at a suitable pressure? Is this anything to do with aftermarket alloys the dealer has put on? Or should I just put some air in the tyres to get them to the correct pressure that’s on the inside of the drivers door?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

armaghlad wrote: »
    I’ve an f30 3 series. First time bmw owner and only had it a couple of months so bear with me. Yesterday morning got a warning saying to check the tyre pressure. I reset it and it showed up on the display all 4 tyres being green. However the same warning has come up twice since. I thought with the tyres showing up green on the iDrive display that the tyres are all at a suitable pressure? Is this anything to do with aftermarket alloys the dealer has put on? Or should I just put some air in the tyres to get them to the correct pressure that’s on the inside of the drivers door?

Does the tyre pressure show at the right pressure for each tyre and has it stayed constant since you reset it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

R.O.R wrote: »
    Does the tyre pressure show at the right pressure for each tyre and has it stayed constant since you reset it?
    No, but then it still shows as green. Also, I’m not sure about what pressure they should be at because they’re obviously not the wheels that came from factory. I reset it again this evening so I’m waiting until Monday to get it seen to. I also don’t get why it wants me to check the pressure when it’s meant to tell me when it’s not at what it should be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

armaghlad wrote: »
    No, but then it still shows as green. Also, I’m not sure about what pressure they should be at because they’re obviously not the wheels that came from factory. I reset it again this evening so I’m waiting until Monday to get it seen to. I also don’t get why it wants me to check the pressure when it’s meant to tell me when it’s not at what it should be!

Did you set the tyre pressures to the correct value before you reset the TPMS via the iDrive?

The panel on the door usually has a range of tyre/wheel sizes with the pressures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Wailin

You need to set all tyres to correct pressure, then reset the TPM once that's done. 2.2 - 2.3 bar wont be far off for most tyre sizes.

Recent drop in temps might have seen pressure drop a tad in tyres...... 33/34 psi when the tyres are cold is worth checking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement