Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gandon Park development Doddsborough Lucan

Options
  • 26-10-2019 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,
    What do you know about this development? Is Doddsborough a good/bad area? Is it safe?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭john why

Vaba wrote: »

Hi all,
    What do you know about this development? Is Doddsborough a good/bad area? Is it safe?

Thanks

Couldn't be more safer, lovely area, great little estate about 10/15 minutes walk to lucan village.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Vaba

john why wrote: »
    Couldn't be more safer, lovely area, great little estate about 10/15 minutes walk to lucan village.

Thanks John! Are you from the area? What about sorroundings? Adamstown is near by and have heard not great comments about it...read everywhere that traffic is bad, is it that bad?
    There's an empty land lot in front of this development...wonder if that's the lot they sad that it's gonna turn into a park?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

We went to see the houses here and eventually bought one of the builders houses off plans in Maynooth. Cairn are excellent builders and the quality of the houses is spot on. Our neighbours who have snagged already have all said the snag lists are tiny compared to other builders. We would have happily bought in Gandon Park if there hadn't been houses available in Maynooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

It's a safe area, it's really part of the whole original Adamstown development plan. They don't call them Adamstown anymore because it got bad press about being unfinished and empty during the recession. Lucan / Adamstown is a huge built up area now, so there will be a certain amount of undesirables as will be the case anywhere. But its not a rough area at all. Traffic can be bad, but really only in rush hour going particular directions, and Saturdays for some reason, where do you work I'll let you know if it will be hassle or not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭Bdjsjsjs

I don't know anything about these homes. I notice although new homes are all A rated some lack MHRV. It would be worth checking if these homes it.

• Advertisement

We went to see the houses here and eventually bought one of the builders houses off plans in Maynooth. Cairn are excellent builders and the quality of the houses is spot on. Our neighbours who have snagged already have all said the snag lists are tiny compared to other builders. We would have happily bought in Gandon Park if there hadn't been houses available in Maynooth.

Thanks! Yes, Cairn same seem to be one of the best builders we've seen so far! Congratulations on your new home! Best of luck!

Bdjsjsjs wrote: »
    I don't know anything about these homes. I notice although new homes are all A rated some lack MHRV. It would be worth checking if these homes it.

I work in the IFSC, heard traffic is really bad as there's only 1 roundabout to take the highway for entire Lucan but I've gotten not clue as I've only heard what people say but don't know the area at all.
    We've been there on Saturday morning and it seem ok however not sure about all the apartments sorrounding the development cause all the streets intercommunicate within the development and those blocks of apartments I think the area is called The Paddocks and then in front there's a big plot of land (empty) they seem to be working on it but don't know if it's gonna be more houses or green area

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Dodsboro is an old area settled area- which traditionally had a lot of teachers and civil servants living in the general area.
    Its quiet- and safe. Some of the estates have a lot of older residents than others- but its a good mixture.
    The traffic in the area is nothing short of nuts in the morning- and ironically- it can be even worse trying to get into the area than out of it- particularly from the village direction.
    The Gandon Park development isn't part of the traditional Dodsborough area- its more Adamstown/Newcastle road- and the upgrade to the road network for Gandon Park etc- reinforces this.

As mentioned by some others- the biggest issue in the area is the appalling traffic- it can be a nightmare to get in or out of- and not just on weekdays- today (Sunday) was even worse than some mornings last week (I have to go through the area at least 2 times every day, sometimes more).

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

Bdjsjsjs wrote: »

Cairn homes are built with demand control ventilation as standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭MSVforever

I work in the IFSC, heard traffic is really bad as there's only 1 roundabout to take the highway for entire Lucan but I've gotten not clue as I've only heard what people say but don't know the area at all.
    We've been there on Saturday morning and it seem ok however not sure about all the apartments sorrounding the development cause all the streets intercommunicate within the development and those blocks of apartments I think the area is called The Paddocks and then in front there's a big plot of land (empty) they seem to be working on it but don't know if it's gonna be more houses or green area

If you work in the IFSC then you can take the train from Adamstown to Connolly. It's a 25 minutes walk or 5 minutes cycle from Gandon Park to Adamstown train station.
    Most of Adamstown is perfectly safe and quiet. There's a bit of an element around the playground area and some youth loitering around Londis but that's about it.

Traffic on the other hand can be absolutely brutal during commuting hours in the greater Lucan/Clondalkin area...

• Advertisement

You don't want to drive to the IFSC from Lucan every day do you? You'd be driven crazy with that commute it will take ages. You can get train from Adamstown train station to Connolly Station which is approx 35 mins. Girlfriend gets the 8:20 train every morning and has time to grab a coffee before work. Gets the 17:42 home and walks in the door at 6:20 every evening like clockwork.
    You will be doing well to get to the n4 dual carriageway in 35 mins in the mornings and then the fun will really start with the traffic

MSVforever wrote: »
    If you work in the IFSC then you can take the train from Adamstown to Connolly. It's a 25 minutes walk or 5 minutes cycle from Gandon Park to Adamstown train station.
    Most of Adamstown is perfectly safe and quiet. There's a bit of an element around the playground area and some youth loitering around Londis but that's about it.

Traffic on the other hand can be absolutely brutal during commuting hours in the greater Lucan/Clondalkin area...
    Thanks! Yep I will defo be taking the train, where's this playground area?
    I just want to know if it's a nice area to raise a family... that's all that matters

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

There’s a 25X bus that goes three times in the morning (and twice in the evening) that goes through town via Merrion Square and terminates in UCD. The first bus fills at 7:35 quickly but if you’re getting on at the first stop you’ll be fine.

I live in Shackleton Park and I usually cycle to UCD most days so traffic isn’t an issue. If you’re driving you can always go via Adamstown and the new Nangor road to get to town via Inchicore rather than down the N4. The Adamstown Boulevard should be own soon too.

You don't want to drive to the IFSC from Lucan every day do you? You'd be driven crazy with that commute it will take ages. You can get train from Adamstown train station to Connolly Station which is approx 35 mins. Girlfriend gets the 8:20 train every morning and has time to grab a coffee before work. Gets the 17:42 home and walks in the door at 6:20 every evening like clockwork.
    You will be doing well to get to the n4 dual carriageway in 35 mins in the mornings and then the fun will really start with the traffic

Won't be driving no😂 I will be definitely taking the train!
    So for what you are saying, u currently live in Adamstown? What else aside from commuting can you tell me? I'm doing a bit of research cause we don't really know much about Lucan for years I've heard there are good and bad areas..like stay away from foxborough for example or that north or south of the river is bad and the other is good.. something like that..not sure, so just looking for some real feedback from locals

Won't be driving no😂 I will be definitely taking the train!
    So for what you are saying, u currently live in Adamstown? What else aside from commuting can you tell me? I'm doing a bit of research cause we don't really know much about Lucan for years I've heard there are good and bad areas..like stay away from foxborough for example or that north or south of the river is bad and the other is good.. something like that..not sure, so just looking for some real feedback from locals

Yep, I live in Adamstown since 2010. Haven't seen anything antisocial at all but I'm sure there's a certain element of it but must be very small. I walk a dog most evenings and haven't seen any problems. My brother rented my house from me when I moved abroad for a year and when he was buying, he bought in Adamstown too, very happy to after living here for a year.
    Not originally from Lucan so don't know every estate but I think most places along Newcastle Road (where superquinn /supervalu shopping centre is) and everywhere North of the n4 are all fine.
    Some estates heading down towards penny Hill are, as far as I know, known to be a bit rougher.
    Not all of them of course and the ones that are bad are probably just down to a minority of idiots.
    Generally doesn't have the issues some other areas closer to the city have.
    Plenty of parks, nice walks, schools etc...
    If you don't drive in rush hour traffic shouldn't be too much of a problem for you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Yep, I live in Adamstown since 2010. Haven't seen anything antisocial at all but I'm sure there's a certain element of it but must be very small. I walk a dog most evenings and haven't seen any problems. My brother rented my house from me when I moved abroad for a year and when he was buying, he bought in Adamstown too, very happy to after living here for a year.
    Not originally from Lucan so don't know every estate but I think most places along Newcastle Road (where superquinn /supervalu shopping centre is) and everywhere North of the n4 are all fine.
    Some estates heading down towards penny Hill are, as far as I know, known to be a bit rougher.
    Not all of them of course and the ones that are bad are probably just down to a minority of idiots.
    Generally doesn't have the issues some other areas closer to the city have.
    Plenty of parks, nice walks, schools etc...
    If you don't drive in rush hour traffic shouldn't be too much of a problem for you
    you've been lucky so! we have had more than our fair share of it, several break ins to our apartment complex, windows smashed, drug use in our door ways, fire extinguishers robbed. theres a few gang of youths who seem to get away with murder around here.

op the traffic is cronic over the last few years it has gotten worse and worse and will only get worse with clonburris, all the other houses in adamstown, the new estate across from the hotel.

shanec1928 wrote: »
    you've been lucky so! we have had more than our fair share of it, several break ins to our apartment complex, windows smashed, drug use in our door ways, fire extinguishers robbed. theres a few gang of youths who seem to get away with murder around here.

op the traffic is cronic over the last few years it has gotten worse and worse and will only get worse with clonburris, all the other houses in adamstown, the new estate across from the hotel.

What apartment complex do you live in?

5uspect wrote: »
    There’s a 25X bus that goes three times in the morning (and twice in the evening) that goes through town via Merrion Square and terminates in UCD. The first bus fills at 7:35 quickly but if you’re getting on at the first stop you’ll be fine.

I live in Shackleton Park and I usually cycle to UCD most days so traffic isn’t an issue. If you’re driving you can always go via Adamstown and the new Nangor road to get to town via Inchicore rather than down the N4. The Adamstown Boulevard should be own soon too.

How's Shackleton and the sorroundings? Neighbours? We went to see houses there and in Hallwell but we liked better the houses in Gandon Park but we are not sure about the area hence we are asking around

shanec1928 wrote: »

What part are you in?
    I'm down at the back entrance to Finnstown house in an own front door duplex so no common areas for stuff to get robbed from etc

I like it here I must say, but I'm not naive enough to think it's crime free, nowhere is these days I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

towards the front of adamstown.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

How's Shackleton and the sorroundings? Neighbours? We went to see houses there and in Hallwell but we liked better the houses in Gandon Park but we are not sure about the area hence we are asking around

It’s perfectly fine. Young families mostly and nothing bad to report.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Might be worth having a look on the Lucan Life page on Facebook, issues in the area tend to get posted there. Quite a few thefts around the Adamstown area around a year or two ago but haven't been keeping tabs since.

Advertisement