Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Insurance (Multitrip.com)

• 26-10-2019 6:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,738 ✭✭✭✭

I have decided to get travel insruance. I travel a lot.

I was looking at Chill's which is good value however Multitrip.com have a generally better policy for the same price. I don't know much about them so wondering if anybody has any experience with Multitrip as I am not familiar with the underwriter so a little cautious.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,105 ✭✭✭Guffy

Just advice if you are going for multitrip or indeed any of blue's policies. Add the travel disruption cover to the policy.

The underwriter underwites all blue policies, chill, I&G, zurich, abbey, cornmarket...

So the underwriter is the same for multi trip and chill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,738 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Guffy wrote: »
    Just advice if you are going for multitrip or indeed any of blue's policies. Add the travel disruption cover to the policy.

The underwriter underwites all blue policies, chill, I&G, zurich, abbey, cornmarket...

So the underwriter is the same for multi trip and chill

Thanks. Would you recommend any other provider?

Im with Laya for Health but there travel policy's are higher price and generally require an excess. Aviva are also about 50 quid but most require circa 100 excess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,105 ✭✭✭Guffy

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Thanks. Would you recommend any other provider?

Im with Laya for Health but there travel policy's are higher price and generally require an excess. Aviva are also about 50 quid but most require circa 100 excess.

The excess is based on the level you buy.

The lower package has an excess the higher has none, that would be the same across the board. It depends on what you want covered or where your going tbh.

Advertisement