Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with migrating from android to ios

• 26-10-2019 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

A couple of issues I'm having migrating from android to iOS

So yesterday I got an iPhone, after using android devices for many years. I'm having a few random issues that are actually quite annoying, if anyone could shed some light on how to fix some of them it'd be great.

1 - I moved over all my pictures and videos using the move to iOS app, but all the albums are now gone. Now I've one huge album and it's even out of order too. Anyone know how to sort this out? I've thousands of photos so it's very frustrating.

2 - This is less important but using the same move to iOS app, I moved my contacts too. However, some of my contacts don't appear on my new iOS device unless I search for them by name? Scrolling through the list of contacts doesn't show them! Am I doing something wrong?

3 - I set up whatsapp on my new iOS device but realised I never backed up the messages so now I've lost stuff. Can I retroactively go back to my old android and back them up or is it too late? Any way to do this without using the cloud?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Hi there, I had difficulty doing that I think when I was transferring from samsung to an iphone first time using IOS phone. Wouldn't go back now have had trouble with samsung phones ever since. They need changing every few years at least! I eventually got it to work. Clear network settings and any other settings on new iphone and try to install the app to migrate from android to ios. You may need to take it to carphoneware house or network shop you with they do it for you. Harvey norman do it but you pay a fee!

As far as I can recall you can go back to old device and reinstall the whatsapp and be able to get your stuff back on that and back up and have it on google drive on android phone. I am not sure if it transfer to the ios. It might only do that with the icloud if transferring between iphones. Lot easier stick with the same operating system/phone type but should be easier to transfer these days.

Copy my data is another app to use to transfer photos and contacts, put that app on both phones to transfer.

Advertisement