Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish alternative view to Greta

Options
  • 26-10-2019 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

"What is really happening in Sweden, Greta?"
    That is the title of this video from 'jellybean Gen.' a Swedish national.
    An alternative female view from Sweden.
    I didn't think such a thing existed until I saw this one.
    Definitely not the way Greta sees it.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

English is her second language but she seems more eloquent than most people her age, very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Spencerfreeman

English is her second language but she seems more eloquent than most people her age, very impressed.

Yes, bit of an american accent like a lot of northern europeans.
    Pity about her mic technique, if she wants to hide behind it she'll need to get a pop shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Bring back Saab I say .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Just to summarise it since I watched it on the other thread. The video uses Greta Thunberg as clickbait. The young womans argument is that Swedish politicians would rather talk about "climate change" than the migration welfare crisis they created, that is among other things straining the finances of the Swedish municipalities that took the migrants in and increasing fears among Swedish women that they may be assaulted.

Sweden’s Finance Chief Warns of Ballooning Welfare Shortfall

So Long, Swedish Welfare State?

Wealthy Stockholm suburb hit with surprise tax increase

The migration wave of the past few years has created a funding deficit in several such municipalities, not enough people work and thus depend on welfare and in some cases more workers (i.e. taxpayers) are moving away from the municipality and foreign migration into the area is a factor in their decision so revenue falls further, thus exacerbating the financial burden.

Economies also experience business cycles, most of you will recall the boom bust cycle here in Ireland and the fallout from that, if they experience a severe economic downturn in Sweden then I doubt the ruling authorities will be able to contain the anger against them and the migration ends up as the scapegoat.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Gatling wrote: »
    Bring back Saab I say .

Their still around just not in cars.

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

The thunberg thing is now "hate the player, not the game", much easier than try to listen to what she is saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

The thunberg thing is now "hate the player, not the game", much easier than try to listen to what she is saying

Other than listen to the Scientists, what is she saying? I've heard her without a script, lost for words and unable to reply to questions.
    This child is being manipulated,used and abused to push an agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Sweden is fcuked,people have been saying it for years.
    Sadly Ireland is heading down the exact same path.

Just to summarise it since I watched it on the other thread. The video uses Greta Thunberg as clickbait. The young womans argument is that Swedish politicians would rather talk about "climate change" than the migration welfare crisis they created, that is among other things straining the finances of the Swedish municipalities that took the migrants in and increasing fears among Swedish women that they may be assaulted.

Sweden’s Finance Chief Warns of Ballooning Welfare Shortfall

So Long, Swedish Welfare State?

Wealthy Stockholm suburb hit with surprise tax increase

The migration wave of the past few years has created a funding deficit in several such municipalities, not enough people work and thus depend on welfare and in some cases more workers (i.e. taxpayers) are moving away from the municipality and foreign migration into the area is a factor in their decision so revenue falls further, thus exacerbating the financial burden.

Economies also experience business cycles, most of you will recall the boom bust cycle here in Ireland and the fallout from that, if they experience a severe economic downturn in Sweden then I doubt the ruling authorities will be able to contain the anger against them and the migration ends up as the scapegoat.

I don't think she is using Greta as click bait at all. She shares some similarities, both demographic and national, which allows her to compare their differing views to outsiders.
    She mentions Greta quite a few times in the piece, which disallows it being described as click bait.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

She starts of saying things are not binary or black and white ...then proceeds to make immigration a totally black and white issue.

She also makes left and right ...binary ...black and white ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

Another Swedish kid reading a well written script.

Bet it's her own script though.

Bet away. If it was her own words she wouldn't need to glance down every half sentence.

Bet away. If it was her own words she wouldn't need to glance down every half sentence.
    As she says and even puts up a graphic for, english is not her first language.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,470 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Sweden is fcuked,people have been saying it for years.
    Sadly Ireland is heading down the exact same path.

In what way is it? Also what do you mean by Ireland heading down the same path?

As she says and even puts up a graphic for, english is not her first language.

I'm not debating her grasp of the English language. She is reading from a script, my point is who wrote it...

I'm not debating her grasp of the English language. She is reading from a script, my point is who wrote it...

I'd like to be able to understand her other video's, but I'd still happily take that bet that she has written it herself, unlike Greta.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

"What is really happening in Sweden, Greta?"
    That is the title of this video from 'jellybean Gen.' a Swedish national.
    An alternative female view from Sweden.
    I didn't think such a thing existed until I saw this one.
    Definitely not the way Greta sees it.

Woah woah woah. These rational thoughts are FAR RIGHT thinking. Are you ok with being an extremist????

Yeah it just has to be. I bet she’s a got millionaire mother and father and ties to celebrities.

I bet.

Woah woah woah. These rational thoughts are FAR RIGHT thinking. Are you ok with being an extremist????

Are you calling me an extremist?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

john4321 wrote: »
    In what way is it? Also what do you mean by Ireland heading down the same path?

Social welfare overload...surprised you cant see it!

I'd like to be able to understand her other video's, but I'd still happily take that bet that she has written it herself, unlike Greta.

That's the point. Children reading speeches passed off as their own words.
    I agree with with the sentiment just not the delivery.

That's the point. Children reading speeches passed off as their own words.
    I agree with with the sentiment just not the delivery.

Well it's hard to be definitive without understanding Swedish, so as to compare her other work, but the odds are that they're her own words.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

If you debunk Greta does the climate crisis change?

I suppose if you think there isn't one you'd probably feel you've done something to discredit what you believe to be false.

If you do believe there is one then it's just one person in a sea of people saying "we've got a problem".

Well it's hard to be definitive without understanding Swedish, so as to compare her other work, but the odds are that they're her own words.

Unfortunately I'm not fluent in Swedish and also I'm basing this on her English (scripted) video.
    Nice odds though.

Are you calling me an extremist?

I mean you gotta be. You’re not going along with the liberal narrative. Greta is a beacon to of hope. If you don’t agree with her you’re a far right Nazi.

I mean you gotta be. You’re not going along with the liberal narrative. Greta is a beacon to of hope. If you don’t agree with her you’re a far right Nazi.

Well fcuk off then.

Well fcuk off then.

I’m very clearly joking. I agree with you. C’mon, don’t resort to that.

I’m very clearly joking. I agree with you. C’mon, don’t resort to that.

My sarcasm detector is shot. Hi, nice to meet you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I'll bet its not.

She is just another exploited child. You can't attack either of them ...they are children. Its getting ridiculous. Both of them will suffer mentally.

Children should be banned from politics. For their own health.

Advertisement