Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asking for postcode when trying to add payment method?

Options
  • 27-10-2019 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi. Trying to setup payment method on my iPhone X so I can purchase from Itunes etc and it’s insisting on postcode even tho my region is to Ireland. It won’t accept my Eircode or anything else I’ve entered. Can anyone help ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,397 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Hi. Trying to setup payment method on my iPhone X so I can purchase from Itunes etc and it’s insisting on postcode even tho my region is to Ireland. It won’t accept my Eircode or anything else I’ve entered. Can anyone help ?

Four or five zeros usually works

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭GeneticDeviant

lawred2 wrote: »
    Four or five zeros usually works
    . Thanks I’ve tried anything from one zero to ten zeros and still no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Try entering your eircode with a space after the first three digits.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Be wary of handing out your Eircode, it identifies your home and given that there are an average of 2.7 people per home, effectively you.

Try entering your eircode with a space after the first three digits.

Thanks but I’ve already tried this and had no luck at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

N/A sometimes works

• Registered Users Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I've used IRL in the past

Still saying postcode invalid when I tried ‘N/A’ and ‘IRL’. Tried both in upper and lower case too. Very strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Apple may have decided against offering such services to Irish citizens.

Have you moved to a new address?

• Advertisement

triona1 wrote: »
    Have you moved to a new address?
    Nope I’m still at same address

Try Eire or which ever county you live in if its co cork/co Dublin/co Kerry?

triona1 wrote: »
    Try Eire or which ever county you live in if its co cork/co Dublin/co Kerry?

Yeah tried your suggestions above and still have got no further.

Try asking apple to remove the postcode requirement or change it to Eircode when someone selects Ireland as their region.

Apple his the best customer support in the world so it should be straight forward.

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/itunes

Did you tick a box?
    I find it usually works better if you manually input your details instead of using auto fill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Try the first 2/3 digits of your local phone number

Etc

• Registered Users Posts: 48 sanjo

Try E1RE ...put a 1 in instead of the I.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Try a single 0

Is this a new thing? I only set up an iOS device a few months ago and put in an Eircode. Why have they removed it?

I’m buying an iphone but if they’re starting to push out the Irish market then it would really make me think again.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭grinder23

Single 0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

What postcode so you have on your payment card?

Thanks for all the suggestions folks. Appreciate your help. Sadly none have worked so far so looks like Apple support may be only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,914 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I wonder does it check that the billing address you’re using matched the address on the bank account that the card corresponds to?

I have the eir code in as post code under the card I have as my default payment method since iOS 11 when I got the phone (an iPhone 7 Plus) and haven’t changed it since, all the way up to the latest iOS 13.

I wonder does it check that the billing address you’re using matched the address on the bank account that the card corresponds to?

I have the eir code in as post code under the card I have as my default payment method since iOS 11 when I got the phone (an iPhone 7 Plus) and haven’t changed it since, all the way up to the latest iOS 13.

Yeah both addresses match. It’s very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Are you sure all details are correct? Eg you actually have Ireland selected as the country.

I think I used to use D01 in the past for Dublin 1 and it worked. I never had any issues with strict postcode requirements though.

Just checked mine and the proper Eircode is accepted. Eg XXX XXXX and all uppercase.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Banjaxed for me too. Won’t accept PayPal, says postcode is invalid

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I had to put a card in on it. Wouldn't accept Paypal, maybe because I didn't have the Postcode in on the address. When I tried to input on the settings page for payment it told me it was invalid. Changed the address in the settings for iCloud and used a debit card and it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

whiterebel wrote: »
    I had to put a card in on it. Wouldn't accept Paypal, maybe because I didn't have the Postcode in on the address. When I tried to input on the settings page for payment it told me it was invalid. Changed the address in the settings for iCloud and used a debit card and it works.

In future try xxxx xxx that's what I used to use for everything from iPhone to amazon.

monkeynuz wrote: »
    In future try xxxx xxx that's what I used to use for everything from iPhone to amazon.

Why wouldn't you use your eircode for amazon orders?
    I've been using my eircode for all online orders with many different companies since the eircode was introduce.
    Apple is one of the very few companies that does not want customers from Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

tuxy wrote: »
    Why wouldn't you use your eircode for amazon orders?
    I've been using my eircode for all online orders with many different companies since the eircode was introduce.
    Apple is one of the very few companies that does not want customers from Ireland.

If you had read my reply correctly, the operative word is used.

Where possible I use the eircode.

Ironically some companies in Ireland were slower to accept the eircode than UK ones.

Advertisement