Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St James hospital

Options
  • 27-10-2019 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭

What kind of retarted fcuking fcukwit organises a road race in Dublin that closes off literally every road to the hospital. I’ve never come across this kind of stupidity before. Is this common practice in Dublin??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

sugarman wrote: »
    Yes, it's an annual event. It's not unique to either Dublin or even Ireland. This happens in all major cities across the world. London, Boston, Madrid etc..

And there’s no way they could’ve left access to one of the many many roads to probably the biggest hospital in the country? Idiotic planning is all it was

sugarman wrote: »
    They did, there was appropriate diversions in place with access via the Brookfield Road entrance.

It was actually easier to get in/out today with how quiet the roads around the routes were given how many people avoided the areas with the closures in place.

I went to 3 different entrances and all guards said There’s no access and you have to walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I went to 3 different entrances and all guards said There’s no access and you have to walk

Surely it would have been quicker if you just had of walked after the first guard told you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Have you the right hospital? There’s only one entrance open to public cars in St James and it was open yesterday. Luas was available too

BDI wrote: »
    Surely it would have been quicker if you just had of walked after the first guard told you?

The entrance was open but every road within 400m was closed off. It was crazy. They were re opened around 3 o’clock.
    I could walk but my 80 year old mother couldn’t.

• Advertisement
Advertisement