Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaking water mains on our streets

Options
  • 27-10-2019 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭

A PLACE TO HIGHLIGHT LEAKING WATER MAINS.

Please post any leaking water mains that you see on our Street, with date and address, hopefully somebody will then actually repair it.

Also
    You can use link to report leak, but they need your contact details.

https://www.water.ie/support/report-a-leak-cover/report-a-leak/index.xml

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Tom44

I'll start one.
    27/10/19
    Ballincollie road, junction just below the Glen GAA club. Ballyvolane, CORK
    It's been leaking for weeks, and does quite often over the years, fun on frosty morning !!
    PLEASE FIX

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I regularly phone I.W. (01-7072828) about any leaks I see on Dublin streets and pavements.
    Some are fixed "reasonably" quickly, others could take several phone calls.
    What surprises me more is, usually when I phone them they haven't heard from anyone else about it, and hundreds if not thousands of people would have passed by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

27/10/19 - Jctn of Lough Rd and Pearse Rd in Ballyphehane.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

There is a proper way to report this (as posted earlier) and an Irish Water forum here on boards. What will posting here on the Cork City forum achieve? Just report them and they get fixed. Did it myself a couple of times and they got dealt with promptly.
    Pointless putting them here and in fact potentilly counter-productive.

Ludo wrote: »
    There is a proper way to report this (as posted earlier) and an Irish Water forum here on boards. What will posting here on the Cork City forum achieve? Just report them and they get fixed. Did it myself a couple of times and they got dealt with promptly.
    Pointless putting them here and in fact potentilly counter-productive.

Didn't know that. Link might have been useful. IW don't exactly promote this facility either.

How is this counter-productive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

blindsider wrote: »
    Didn't know that. Link might have been useful. IW don't exactly promote this facility either.

https://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1643

Reported it yesterday on the IW page. In fairness, I got a response this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭65535

The self styled 'Irish Water' entity does not actually repair anything.
    It is Cork City Council or Cork County Council that do the actual repair work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Counter productive because someone might post here thinking they have done something useful to address a problem and hence do nothing else when in fact they have done nothing.
    And in fairness, it is simple to google "report water leak" and it is the first result so doesn't need promoting as such. I would have thought it is kinda obvious in this day and age to find out something like that.

Well, strictly speaking that's not counter-productive - it may not be productive though.

You could have posted this in your original post, rather than waiting to be asked. The OP acted in good faith.

Ayway, the leak I spotted is now fixed. Well done to IW and the City Council for acting, esp. on a BH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Tom44

To whom do I report this leak to?
    Barnavara crescent today :confused:

And no, its not Photoshoped, its real.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Not sure they need to promote it. Water leak, who should I call? The water company.

We had a blockage out on our road. Googled "report water leak" and got Irish water. Rang em up, and cork cc were out the next day to unblock it. Simple

Advertisement