Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greatest heel of all time

Options
  • 27-10-2019 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

This was discussed on another thread and seemed to get heated very quick.
    I vote Chris Jericho. He genuinely loved playing the asshole you could see it in him. One of the magical baddies that you actually end up rooting for. He didn’t need a Schtick like dressing as an Arab or German or a tax collector.
    His wit was second to none, the lionsault, the walls of Jericho the Jerrichoholics, the talkshows in the ring that would descend into chaos,

Roaring ASK HIM at the ref when he had a sub on a rival.
    Being able
    To be at the top for so many years and all this he was actually a fairly small guy when it comes to wrestling heels.

I know it’s subjective but who was the best heel you remember. And lads, try not get too emotional.

The theme tune. Break the walls down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Are ya talking about a real heel who was hated or cool heels everyone loved!

When Rocky Miavia first turned and went by The Rock I HATED him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Are ya talking about a real heel who was hated or cool heels everyone loved!

When Rocky Miavia first turned and went by The Rock I HATED him

I suppose it’s be anybody who’s job it was to antagonize the hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Roddy Piper! He was the KING of Heels!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Vickie Guerrero, all she had to say was 2 words.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Edge from 2006 to 2008 is the biggest bastard that ever was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Vince has the be up there. Intentional or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

HHH simply has to be up there in this discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Kurt Angle for me. Legit athlete and heat magnet from day 1 at Survivor Series '99.
    Honuorable mention to Mr Perfect.

HHH simply has to be up there in this discussion

As good as he was I just don’t think he had the wit Jerricho had. Jerricho had everything triple H, Vicky Guerrero and Santino Marella had.

Good call on Kurt Angle in his prime, the faces he used to pull when he didn’t get his own way. Making me chuckle now thinking about it.

The shouting with each German suplex.

The crowd chanting you suck along to his theme tune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Rowdy Piper set the benchmark for future heels

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

They never did it for long enough but heel in America Bret was great. Dickhead Hbk from that era too was very good. Mr. Perfect too, so good as a heel I never liked him as a face.
    Rock like Hogan was an excellent heel & from being fantastic babyface knew how to work the crowd.

HHH for me his run pre quad was good, post quad it was like he was overcompensating. His run with Evolution was legit unbearable. Steiner, Rvd, Booker, Kane, Goldberg & Nash. Were all for different reasons trash. Hbk got good matches out of him & when Benoit was added to the mix but I think I'd have good matches with those two.

I never seen enough of Flair in his prime to put his name there. But historically he's always mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Some great mentions so far. Bret Harts '97 heel run I thought was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

Was gonna say Buddy Rogers but since it was stipulated who I saw I'll go w/ Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase.
    Kolido wrote:
    Some great mentions so far. Bret Harts '97 heel run I thought was great.

Involved some of his best promo work.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Roddy P or ted dibiase

Thread closed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

has to be Jake the Snake for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

King Corbin. Close thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Flair brought the whole heel game to another level

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

JBL during the smackdown title run in with a shout.

No redeeming qualities, not cool, not a flashy worker just a ****ing bastard.

Regal was an incredible heel too, but so damn entertaining it was almost tongue in cheek.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Hollywood Hogan

You fans can stick it brother

200.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it's Vince.

perfect time. perfect person. perfectly played. with the perfect protagonist in Austin.

and they made a fúckload of money.

also Vince, unlike Stephanie, and often unlike Hunter, had no ego when it came to his on-screen character. he'd put himself in positions to be ridiculed. he'd lose when the time was right. you knew that if he and his goons one-upped your hero, then the hero would get his revenge soon, and so you wanted to see just how much of a prick he could be before he got his ass kicked.

the perfect heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

John Cena. Legit heat every time he showed his face. In an age of the cool heel his OTT good guy schtick was enough to make people legit hate him.

The fact he created division helped to with kids and dames liking him.

But the real answer is Ric Flair.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Obviously ric flair is his prime was an untouchable heel. Tully Blanchard form what I'd seen and what I've watched since was an easily dislikeable heel. Arn Anderson was kind of a different heel but kind of like Jake Roberts.

None of the current generation as good as some are like Ciampa and others on the mic will never be considered as good as the ric flairs of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Tully was a better heel than Ric.

Ric was the star, but Tully was proper hated.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

SlickRic wrote: »
    Tully was a better heel than Ric.

Ric was the star, but Tully was proper hated.

Tully from what I’ve watched and heard was easy to dislike.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Heenan, the manager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

MJF seems to be on his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

I want to give a shout to Mankind too, when he debuted around 1996. He was pushed as a legit threat to the Undertaker and beat him in a Boiler Room brawl (I think Bearer turned on Taker). He ultimately turned lovable face but that debut year, he seemed indestructible and scary as feck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

BDI wrote: »
    This was discussed on another thread and seemed to get heated very quick.
    I vote Chris Jericho. He genuinely loved playing the asshole you could see it in him. One of the magical baddies that you actually end up rooting for. He didn’t need a Schtick like dressing as an Arab or German or a tax collector.
    His wit was second to none, the lionsault, the walls of Jericho the Jerrichoholics, the talkshows in the ring that would descend into chaos,

Roaring ASK HIM at the ref when he had a sub on a rival.
    Being able
    To be at the top for so many years and all this he was actually a fairly small guy when it comes to wrestling heels.

I know it’s subjective but who was the best heel you remember. And lads, try not get too emotional.

The theme tune. Break the walls down.

I much preferred him in WCW, he played a great heel, and his music was cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Ric Flair for me,
    He photo shopped himself into macho man and liz's photos ffs

Advertisement