Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selling a 191 privately?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

You're going to take a hit, but that hit is only going to get worse every month......... move quickly. Take anything above €18k imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I wouldn't agree about it getting worse month on month. If you.need a car and happy to pay for it for the coming months, you will be moving towards a more normalised situation and it might get closer to clearing itself.
    If on the other hand you don't need a car and will not be making use of it, well yes, it's getting worse and worse every month as the monthly on the Pcp will just be good money after bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

mickdw wrote: »
    I wouldn't agree about it getting worse month on month. If you.need a car and happy to pay for it for the coming months, you will be moving towards a more normalised situation and it might get closer to clearing itself.
    If on the other hand you don't need a car and will not be making use of it, well yes, it's getting worse and worse every month as the monthly on the Pcp will just be good money after bad.

The way the year change goes, it’s def worth more now than in January.

Can’t see it being worth anything near €18k though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Magown3

Ad is marked as sold. Any update OP?
    Good news to share??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

not the OP but as I had a similar thread going I did sell my 191 octavia to a dealer who had a buyer for it. managed to break even on the pcp so happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Magown3 wrote: »
    Good news to share??

Stolen and burnt out , very unfortunate turn of events. ( only joking by the way, I know nothing)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭younggalway

Magown3 wrote: »
    Good news to share??

No haven't sold it, I pulled the ads for a few days as I wasn't sure if I wanted to sell it after all. Few issues getting finance cleared so will have to find buyer willing to settle with VW bank, with balance going to me. I'm sceptical about that happening however I've put the ad back since it's no harm trying. I've accepted holding onto until I leave this time next year and hopefully selling it on at that point.

I might try approach a local dealer to sell it if possible however I know that means taking a bit hit. To be honest the original plan was to sell it, get on the bangernomics wagon for 12 months so I could save for Oz but I'm happy enough to stay in a new reliable car for the year and make cuts elsewhere. There's definitely comfort in driving something with warranty and I have the service pack so I can't see the car costing me much beyond standard expenses before I go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Peatys wrote: »
    Change in circumstances.
    Anyway, 191 dsg, 190bhp sportline superb in the best colour :) with 17k kms..

FTSWB :D

What colour ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

adam88 wrote: »
    What colour ?

Attached

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Sold a 191 kodiaq few weeks ago. Had it for sale for most of the time I owned it. Just couldn’t bear the thought of all that money hanging over my head. Made me sick to the stomach. Didn’t lose that much when everything was factored in but from my experience what sold it was the high spec and being that bit better priced than main dealers.

Best of luck off loading it. I feel your pain

Advertisement