Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitting approx 46sqm of laminate

Options
  • 27-10-2019 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what sort of pricing I should be expecting? I've got 4 quotes so far and they vary greatly.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

What were the quotes you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,117 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Depend on the area to be floored, is it one big room or different areas?

I'd love to hear your quotes to be honest, there's a guy after getting quoted 6-700 to tile a 5m square floor on another thread.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Depend on the area to be floored, is it one big room or different areas?

I'd love to hear your quotes to be honest, there's a guy after getting quoted 6-700 to tile a 5m square floor on another thread.

And some people claiming its a bargain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Honest to god. I’d do it myself op. I’ve just done three rooms , if I was paying for it, I wouldn’t pay much. Where u based ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Based just outside Drogheda. Hallway, living room and kitchen/utility. Been quoted from 450 up to 950.

• Advertisement

Just wondering what sort of pricing I should be expecting? I've got 4 quotes so far and they vary greatly.

This isn't enough information to form an opinion.

Is it one room, four straight walls and one doorway, no radiators, no skirting?

Or is it four small rooms with curved fire mantles, 4 radiators, skirting already up and four doorways per room?

Most important question, is the floor level?

To be honest it's an easy enough job to do yourself. Couple of YouTube videos, don't skimp on the underlay, tools you'd need are a pencil, square and a saw. Jigsaw a bonus.

I've done it loads of time with no experience, very enjoyable work as it's quick.

Unless it's very complicated 46sqm should be done in a day so 200/300 quid tops. Again depending on location and how complicated the room is.

One tip I'd suggest it taking off the skirting and replacing. Much nicer job and quicker as don't need to be as fussy around the perimeter. A 10mm gap is recommended for most floating laminate floors.

Based just outside Drogheda. Hallway, living room and kitchen/utility. Been quoted from 450 up to 950.

For just labour?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 james 17

Prob closer to 500, but hallway alone can be complicated to do right , if u have to cut under doorframes(usually 5 or 6 of them) and skirting to make the flloor look seamless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

riemann wrote: »
    For just labour?

Yes, just fitting.

Advertisement