Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bye Bye Baghdaddy!

Options
  • 27-10-2019 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

US special forces have yet again taken out the world's most wanted. Good riddance.

🙈🙉🙊

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

• Registered Users Posts: 82,837 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If he's still alive he will attempt a proof of life sharpish, my guess is he's brown bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,093 ✭✭✭Jeff2

US special forces have yet again taken out the world's most wanted. Good riddance.

Yet again is right.

They took him out before.

They will do it again near election time. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dílis.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

"detonated his suicide vest after fleeing into a tunnel".

Lol. I mean if ever someone was set to make a later comeback appearance, in a later episode.

Didn't yerman in speed 1 do the same.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭SJW Lover

I'm sure a "traditional" burial such as throwing him into the sea will satisfy all those who accepted the Bin Laden burial story unquestioningly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

If he's still alive he will attempt a proof of life sharpish, my guess is he's brown bread.

Definitely brown bread. The great orange one has spoken!

Reminds me of the old joke which can now be updated:
    Young ISIS boy soldier goes to his father and tells him he can't to to school tomorrow.
    His father insists he must to school and learn his religious verses.
    Boy responds "But I can't go to school anymore"
    Father gets annoyed and asks "why"
    Boy says "No bag daddy"

20Wheel wrote: »
    "detonated his suicide vest after fleeing into a tunnel".

Lol. I mean if ever someone was set to make a later comeback appearance, in a later episode.

Didn't yerman in speed 1 do the same.

Patrick Duffy in the shower

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

He could be somebody’s father, son, brother etc. Show some respect for the family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

SJW Lover wrote: »
    I'm sure a "traditional" burial such as throwing him into the sea will satisfy all those who accepted the Bin Laden burial story unquestioningly.

"The blast mutilated Baghdadi's body but, according to the president, an on-site DNA test"

"US National Security Adviser Robert O'Brien said Baghdadi's remains should be given the same treatment applied to those of former al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, whose body was buried at sea after being killed in a raid in 2011"

Like I said all sounds rather dubious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So he blew himself to smithereens, but luckily the special forces were carrying a DNA analysis kit with them, so were able to verify his identity.

Right .....

Where did they get a sample of his DNA to begin with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Trump uses it to showcase his absolute lack of Class yet again.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    He could be somebody’s father, son, brother etc. Show some respect for the family.

Have a look at the whitewashing going on today in the US left-leaning media. Utterly disgraceful. The WaPo described him as an austere islamic scholar in their obituary. Anything to try to deny Trump the win, even if it means siding with ISIS.

Ps wasnt the line last week that Trump's move regarding the Kurds was supposed to embolden and strengthen ISIS? One week later Trump gives the order and succeeds in killing their leader. One of their main spokesmen killed in airstrike this evening according to reports. And, if you watch CNN or MSNBC for your news, this is apparently all a bad thing. You couldnt make this up. Well, you could but it is still pretting disgusting.

"The blast mutilated Baghdadi's body but, according to the president, an on-site DNA test"

"US National Security Adviser Robert O'Brien said Baghdadi's remains should be given the same treatment applied to those of former al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, whose body was buried at sea after being killed in a raid in 2011"

Like I said all sounds rather dubious.

His arm was blown off. According to what i have read and an unverified video i saw earlier. Mutilated does not mean vaporised.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

NIMAN wrote: »
    So he blew himself to smithereens, but luckily the special forces were carrying a DNA analysis kit with them, so were able to verify his identity.

Right .....

It was all over the wall.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

Normally I'd agree with the sentiment. In this case not a hope.

His family....maybe he fathered a few kids with all the sex slaves he allegedly raped.....is that whom you are referring to maybe?

Even if you are going to go on about "allegedly" for things such as the above, you cannot deny his proclamations urging destruction and attacks from his self proclaimed position as Caliph

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Right .....

He was in one of the prison camps after the Iraq War. Plus they would have DNA from family members to match

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

When your average suicide vest explodes, it is massive dispersal of energy, like a gas explosion. There's no flames or movie-like explosion. The torso should be obliterated, but the arms, legs, head should just fling off in multiple directions, and he will be easily identified.

Saying that, if he was in a tunnel then the energy from the explosion would have reflected from the walls, so it will be a bit different to your average suicide explosion.

Anyhow the world's most evil man is dead, rejoice.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Spencerfreeman

SJW Lover wrote: »
    Have a look at the whitewashing going on today in the US left-leaning media. Utterly disgraceful. The WaPo described him as an austere islamic scholar in their obituary. Anything to try to deny Trump the win, even if it means siding with ISIS.

I don't think Overheal will be doing one of his many WaPo links to that headline. Disgraceful.
    Austere Islamic Scholar. I thought it was a photo shopped wind up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

When your average suicide vest explodes, it is massive dispersal of energy, like a gas explosion. There's no flames or movie-like explosion. The torso should be obliterated, but the arms, legs, head should just fling off in multiple directions, and he will be easily identified.

Saying that, if he was in a tunnel then the energy from the explosion would have reflected from the walls, so it will be a bit different to your average suicide explosion.

Anyhow the world's most evil man is dead, rejoice.

Sounds like you have done this kind of thing before. And there was me thinking you were just a second- rate soap villain.

Anywho, tremendous victory for America and her president. Perhaps the greatest of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

That Washington Post headline, which was quickly changed as it was claimed it should not have "read" that way, makes me think America is losing its public mind. Satire is impossible now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Fair play to Trump in his speech announcing it, no pussy footing around - "He died like a coward, like a dog"
    Can you imagine Obama - he'd be grovelling and apoligising...

Adolf Hitler, passionate community planner and dynamic public speaker, dies at 56.

Mao Zedong, who saved 20-45 million of his own people from having to suffer through the struggle of existence, dies at 82.

Mussolini, community service volunteer renown for getting the trains to run on time, dies at 61.

Genghis Khan, a philanthropist explorer, dies at 65.

Idi Amin, Ugandan President, education reformer, and enthusiastic gourmand, dies at 78.

People are having fun though with a washington post death notices hashtag :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Gynoid wrote: »
    That Washington Post headline, which was quickly changed as it was claimed it should not have "read" that way, makes me think America is losing its public mind. Satire is impossible now.

What was the headline?

What was the headline?

It was something like "Austere Islamic Scolar dies at 48".
    Which suggests a rather humble holy soul who eschews materialism and rather likes books, rather than a murderous terrorist.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Time stamps make it look like they changed it from 'extremist' to the other headline. I had expected it to be the other way round.

Wapo-Al-Bagdadi-Headline.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

bagdeady surely?, c'mon it was just lying there

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Fair play to Trump in his speech announcing it, no pussy footing around - "He died like a coward, like a dog"
    Can you imagine Obama - he'd be grovelling and apoligising...
    I definitely remember Obama grovelling and apologising when Bin Laden was killed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,381 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Billy Mays wrote: »
    I definitely remember Obama grovelling and apologising when Bin Laden was killed

I watched Trump’s press conference yesterday and it was quite bizarre. He said Baghdadi was probably worse than bin Laden and that in one of his books (which one he couldn’t remember but “they were all very successful”) he predicted bin Laden was a bad guy before 9/11.

Great to see this lunatic taken out but he still couldn’t resist the oneupmanship and triumphalism.

• Advertisement

The special op was named after Kayla Mueller, which is poignant. Bagdhadi had repeatedly raped her while she was a hostage.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/oct/27/baghdadi-operation-named-after-kayla-mueller-isis-hostage

Advertisement