Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bye Bye Baghdaddy!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Well done US, one head cut off.

biko wrote: »
    Well done US, one head cut off.

Agreed.. Which they created in the first place. The War on Terrorism is never-ending. Wonderful justification for any kind of behavior.

Hardly a major win when he'll probably be replaced by someone smarter, better educated, and probably better trained in some US black site. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Agreed.. Which they created in the first place.

"They" created. Some amorphous they?

No, not the present incumbents which is what you are tryng to imply. I am certain the present government in America are as duplicitous as any previous government but it was a previous US govt whose urbane President received the Nobel Peace Prize who were in the forefront of those who faciliated Al Qaeda, and thus ISIS. Not some unknown they.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jun/03/us-isis-syria-iraq

"A revealing light on how we got here has now been shone by a recently declassified secret US intelligence report, written in August 2012, which uncannily predicts – and effectively welcomes – the prospect of a “Salafist principality” in eastern Syria and an al-Qaida-controlled Islamic state in Syria and Iraq. In stark contrast to western claims at the time, the Defense Intelligence Agency document identifies al-Qaida in Iraq (which became Isis) and fellow Salafists as the “major forces driving the insurgency in Syria” – and states that “western countries, the Gulf states and Turkey” were supporting the opposition’s efforts to take control of eastern Syria.

Raising the “possibility of establishing a declared or undeclared Salafist principality”, the Pentagon report goes on, “this is exactly what the supporting powers to the opposition want, in order to isolate the Syrian regime, which is considered the strategic depth of the Shia expansion (Iraq and Iran)”.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

"The blast mutilated Baghdadi's body but, according to the president, an on-site DNA test"

"US National Security Adviser Robert O'Brien said Baghdadi's remains should be given the same treatment applied to those of former al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, whose body was buried at sea after being killed in a raid in 2011"

Like I said all sounds rather dubious.

Bin Laden's corpse was tossed out of a helicopter high over the Hindu Kush.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

sabat wrote: »
    Bin Laden's corpse was tossed out of a helicopter high over the Hindu Kush.

Not exactly .

He was tossed of the deck of a ship

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    He could be somebody’s father, son, brother etc. Show some respect for the family.

His family and friends knew well what he was, and stood by him. In the Caliphate's heyday , imagine being the Father, Mother, Brother, Sister, Brother in law cousin etc of the Grand Caliph ? So they are only due the same respect he showed to fellow human being's. Think of images of orange jump suited figure's in cages being burned alive, or row's of prisoners having their throat's cut and filmed as they died. He died too quick, the murderous inhuman bastard. Pity the dogs did not get to him before he detonated the suicide vest.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

the russians are trying to claim the raid didn't happen the way trump is claiming ,

Considering they claimed they (russians) killed him and single handely defeated Isis a few days it's not surprising they would try to counter the US statement

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

US special forces have yet again taken out the world's most wanted. Good riddance.

Are you able to provide a list of his exact offences that it qualifies as a good riddance?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Is ISIS still a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,630 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Iraq's best Kriss Kross tribute act is no more. Sad times.

• Advertisement

Is ISIS still a thing?

Yes it is,and will remain a "thing" for the foreseeable future, in one form or another. Just because the Caliphate is no more, does not mean that the ideology is dead and gone. They are becoming increasingly active in Nigeria, Afghanistan,Somalia and Egypt. Not to mention smaller ( but still murderous ) solo attack's in various Country's around the world. Be interesting to see what kind of reaction Baghdadi's death will provoke. But Bagdadi's death aside, while you have Imam's in the Mosque's preaching an extreme version of Islam, you will always have isis or their equivalent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

An early photo of the ISIS leader.

latest?cb=20190217025141

Nice of Putin and the other dictators to throw their lap dog Don this.

Gynoid wrote: »
    "They" created. Some amorphous they?

No, not the present incumbents which is what you are tryng to imply.

Err... even though I rarely post these days, most older posters would know that I rarely imply anything. I tend to say what I mean to say... doesn't stop people from throwing in their own opinions of what I meant to say, of course.

"They" referred to the US. Pretty damn obvious I would suggest considering the discussion topic.
    <Snip>

While it's nice to see someone else criticising other presidents than just Trump, perhaps stick to what I did talk about? Soapbox on your own individual posts. :D

I am most definitely not a fan of any US president since Reagan and he had his own issues, although they pale in comparison to the batch of US presidents from Bush Junior onwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Err... even though I rarely post these days, most older posters would know that I rarely imply anything. I tend to say what I mean to say... doesn't stop people from throwing in their own opinions of what I meant to say, of course.

"They" referred to the US. Pretty damn obvious I would suggest considering the discussion topic.

While it's nice to see someone else criticising other presidents than just Trump, perhaps stick to what I did talk about? Soapbox on your own individual posts. :D

I am most definitely not a fan of any US president since Reagan and he had his own issues, although they pale in comparison to the batch of US presidents from Bush Junior onwards.

My apology for misunderstanding you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

spodoinkle wrote: »
    Are you able to provide a list of his exact offences that it qualifies as a good riddance?

Oh for **** sake.

He was a fine holy man who didn't deserve death I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Oh for **** sake.

He was a fine holy man who didn't deserve death I suppose.

do you work for the washington post? :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Trump uses it to showcase his absolute lack of Class yet again.

"We came, we saw, he died. Hahahaha"

Oh wait... That was the other option. Get a grip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

First time I've heard of a lad hyped after he's killed. Not really Osama was he?
    Fair play on murdering him. Nice of the squad, (Putin, Erdoğan) to give Donnie this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

NIMAN wrote: »
    Where did they get a sample of his DNA to begin with?

Someone turns up at your cousins house with a suitcase of cash, you would get a DNA sample no questions asked.

My own view is this is a useful distraction for what is really going on in the states. Its been done before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

I am still holding out for Kalid Kellys Darwin Award.

• Advertisement

Someone turns up at your cousins house with a suitcase of cash, you would get a DNA sample no questions asked.

My own view is this is a useful distraction for what is really going on in the states. Its been done before.

Election coming up....so Trump can now claim / say:
    He has finished off isis
    He has withdraw's troops from Northern Syria, thus fulfilling his election promise to "Bring American Troop's home".
    He can claim responsibility for killing Bagdadi.

All positives for Trump heading into an election campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

First time I've heard of a lad hyped after he's killed. Not really Osama was he? Fair play on murdering him. Nice of the squad, (Putin, ErdoÄŸan) to give Donnie this one.

You are so "woke".

First time I've heard of a lad hyped after he's killed. Not really Osama was he?
    Fair play on murdering him. Nice of the squad, (Putin, Erdoğan) to give Donnie this one.

Had to give him something, after he cleared the way them to take control of that part of Syria... ( for now at any rate )

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭copperhead

I thought the language used by Mr trump in the statement was to say the least unhelpful, if you are looking to recruit more people into isis saying there leader died like a coward and a dog surely enrages more people to take up the cause,

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Spencerfreeman

NIMAN wrote: »
    So he blew himself to smithereens, but luckily the special forces were carrying a DNA analysis kit with them, so were able to verify his identity.

Right .....

Where did they get a sample of his DNA to begin with?

That's a very good question, hadn't thought of that.
    Obviously had to have been some prior contact of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Spencerfreeman

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

How were his remains disposed of?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    He could be somebody’s father, son, brother etc. Show some respect for the family.

Quite right.

May he Rest In Pieces.

• Advertisement

Made me watch Achmed The Dead Terrorist again.

25b554ae7a7be76f26e648b679917eff.jpg

Advertisement