Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bye Bye Baghdaddy!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

There were American military people being quoted today as saying that this operation went ahead despite Trump and his recent actions not because of him.

Since their arrival on the world stage back in 2014,and the fight against them began, the hunt for Bagdadi has been ongoing. In 2016 there was a 25 Million bounty placed on him. He was the most wanted man in the world, so no surprise that the US military ( among other's ) was still hunting him, and now it seem's that they got lucky. ( lucky for Mr Trump too... ) If they had not got him, then the search would continue until such time as they did get him. The US Military were not going to stop until they either killed or captured Bagdadi.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Gatling wrote: »
    Not exactly .

He was tossed of the deck of a ship

Yes, after a firefight they flew that single Blackhawk, carrying his body and two crews since the other chopper had to be scuttled, 2000KM across unauthorised foreign territory and ocean to a ship where an imam conducted a dignified, religiously appropriate ceremony. Is that credible?

https://www.lrb.co.uk/v37/n10/seymour-m-hersh/the-killing-of-osama-bin-laden

I wouldn't be surprised if the account of today's death is bollocks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

That seems to be more accurate. I had seen a number of reports of his death being reported from 2017.

As you're on the money, any news on the dog?

There is - here.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/wounded-dog-back-on-the-job-after-tracking-islamic-state-leader-38640073.html

Give that dog a sausage ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

sabat wrote: »

That article with unvaried unidentified consultants said this and that , sounds more like anti Obama nonsense .

There was no claim the stealth hawk helicopter flew thousands of miles anywhere ,
    From various accounts from people involved in the raid they flew back to Afghanistan and then onto the carl vinson carrier ,
    The body wasn't ripped apart by gunfire he was shot with a h&k 416 shooting 5.56 rounds they don't tear a body apart even at close range , even a AK wouldn't seems some of the article Claims came from people likely with a keyboard and little or no knowledge of actual military operations

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Good to hear the dog is doing well.

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,385 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

The spin is not subtle. A soldier taking his own life to avoid capture could easily be spun as bravery. Giving his life to make sure he didn’t succumb to the inevitable torture and give away information that might endanger his fellow soldiers. It could even be spun as a final act of defiance choosing to take his own life and disallowing the enemy their victory of actually killing him.

I can’t get on board with celebrating his death any more than I could get on board with isis propaganda after they kill an enemy soldier. I presume they spin the story to make fun of the soldiers they killed too.

In any case, a top man in isis is dead and that can only weaken the organisation so that’s good. I’ve no idea how important he actually was to them. That lack of information has been completely brushed under the carpet in exchange for details about the raid and rhetoric like “died like a dog”.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Spencerfreeman

That article with unvaried unidentified consultants said this and that , sounds more like anti Obama nonsense .

There was no claim the stealth hawk helicopter flew thousands of miles anywhere ,
    From various accounts from people involved in the raid they flew back to Afghanistan and then onto the carl vinson carrier ,
    The body wasn't ripped apart by gunfire he was shot with a h&k 416 shooting 5.56 rounds they don't tear a body apart even at close range , even a AK wouldn't seems some of the article Claims came from people likely with a keyboard and little or no knowledge of actual military operations

The 416 is the deadlier round even allowing for the smaller calibre.

gozunda wrote: »
    Good news, shame they can't name him. Gonna be a big bone and medal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

He was a fantastic wrestler, I remember that time he fought Giant Haystacks.

Les Kellet wouda had him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Bambi wrote: »
    'Murica woof woof

Say that to his face Bambi :pac:

ipanews_bfdf011e-0137-4822-ab6f-c7f21aba95d4_1

Washington Post;
    "Puppy gets injured in Trump's attack on scholar"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

You know who the good guys are because ISIS hate dogs

Make Alsatians Great Again

Even if he is Belgian

Good news, shame they can't name him. Gonna be a big bone and medal.

and for the other dogs as well... he was not alone !!! Fair Play.:):):)

Being reported her name is Conan.
    I'm going to call her Conan the Belganian.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brainfreeze

If he's still alive he will attempt a proof of life sharpish, my guess is he's brown bread.

Not really, ISIS on multiple occasions have pretended him to be dead or mortally injured.

I suppose that makes sense, keep the enemy guessing.

ISIS confirmed he was killed in an airstrike against his convey in 2015. ISIS also confirmed he was paralyzed by an airstrike the same year. He was then again killed in June 2016 in an airstrike in Raqqa.

None of which happened, it just wastes American resources with the US trying to confirm the kill or not.

Osama would go out his way to prove he was alive, al-Baghdadi seems to be the exact opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

a good boy

What did the dog do?

What did the dog do?

She made a do do on daddy.

Sry. She chased him down in the tunnel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

It would be nice if they made it possible for this dog to get a Purple Heart

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    It would be nice if they made it possible for this dog to get a Purple Heart

Animals can get medals already. Pidgins horses and dogs got medals in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Bomber 'arris from Paris was no slouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The 416 is the deadlier round even allowing for the smaller calibre.

Still doesn't rip a body to pieces.

Any way that's old news

Still doesn't rip a body to pieces.

Any way that's old news
    It does when it's in a Barratt 416!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50218637
    The Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) say their spy stole Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi's underwear which was then DNA tested and used to prove his identity before he was killed.

Probably got samples of scutter, piss and come from the same set of jocks.
    The poor lab technician.

Someone says Badgdaddi is in this photo with mcCain.
    I don't recognise him, do you?
    4HqcCrB.jpg

4HqcCrB.jpg

I don't know about that, but the guy on McCain's right is the spitting image of someone I once worked with. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

4HqcCrB.jpg

which person in the picture do they claim is Badgdaddi? you must know that much at least.

• Advertisement

No, haven't a clue. The guy beside him seems the closest looking to me.
    I'm not convinced.

Advertisement