Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mercedes W221 prices

• 28-10-2019 4:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

I'm keeping a eagle eye on the prices on donedeal of these barges, currently their looking at around the €4-5K price range for a use able 06,07 one with current NCT still strong money for a nearly 14 year old barge but i'm waiting for the arse to completely drop out of them to the €2K-ish price point, having previously bought a '02 W220 this time last year for sub €1k with NCT and Tax i've kinda been spoiled.

But they've been keeping the prices the last year or so, might have to wait this one out for a little while longer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

the problem is you can do minor facelift tweaks and make them look like a 2012-2013 car, i think youre looking at another 2-3 years before they start hitting that sort of price, and youre also competing with the good ones also being exported or broken before they even get that cheap. even at 5k its easy money for somebody from poland or lithuania to break one and sell the bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Are they still fetching that kind of money? Far more than I was able to look for when selling my 06 5 series mid last year which was an m sport and in good nick. I sold if for 2.5k in the end.
    It was petrol and in the 1080 bracket I suppose which most of the equivalent mercs arent't.
    Strong money for an old car, I would have thought there'd be a few in good shape for bangernomics money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭Bigus

They won’t drop much lower due to export market, also there’s nowhere near the quantity of W221’s compared to the huge amount of previous models available here in Ireland.
    I’d say if you looked at the sales figures for both you’d be looking at quarter the amount if not less sold, there was effectively almost nil sold in 09/10/11/12 and almost none imported since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Class cars. On another planet looks and presence wise to the competition, when they are lwb and ideally facelift lights installed ... preferably go for the s500 with the same motor tax as the s350 obviously...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Class cars. On another planet looks and presence wise to the competition, when they are lwb and ideally facelift lights installed ... preferably go for the s500 with the same motor tax as the s350 obviously...

Apologies, I thought we were talking e class I got my model codes mixed up

• Advertisement
Advertisement