Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money transfer best approach with speed query

• 28-10-2019 8:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

Morning,

So buying car in uk, have paid deposit with debit card and was fine.

I will be getting the funds from the credit union tomorrow morning and this is where some advice would be great.

I want to use revolut to transfer the money to the uk.

So do i

Get credit union to transfer money directly into the revolut account or

Get money transfered to my current account and then i do transfer to revolut.

i am booked to fly thursday.. so speed is key here , dealer will only do bank transfer

Any ideas on the fastest way to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Keep the money in your account until you are 100% certain you are buying the car. Most bank transfers are done in minutes or less.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

I am 100% sure to take the car.

Main dealer so warrenty etc.

Timings can beel off and dont want to spend a few days in uk waiting for the transfer to happen

The last few bank transfers I did from Irish to English accounts were through Transferwise and each took under 8 seconds.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

But how did you get the cash to transferwise ?

You had to transfer feom your maIn account ?

But how did you get the cash to transferwise ?

You had to transfer feom your maIn account ?

Correctamundo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭3DataModem

The quickest way to load Revolut or Transferwise from a current account is using the debit card attached. It will be credited instantly, where you can convert to GBP and then payouts to UK accounts take seconds (they have the most sophisticated and fastest inter-bank transfer mechanism in the world bar none).

But make sure your Rev/Tran load won't breach some limit and require ID verification etc.

Advertisement