Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grabbing a video from Facebook

Options
  • 28-10-2019 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Hi all ,

Maybe someone here can help.

I want to download a facebook video that someone posted as a comment underneath another persons post in a private group that I am in.

Unfortunately i think FB has changed a few things around and this seems difficult to do.

This video is not embedded in Vimeo or Youtube . It is just a stand alone upload.

The advice i have found from Google searches is outdated for example when I right click on the video I don't have a "save video as" option that is clickable.

Nor does the video have its own specific URL or time stamp that I can put into an online converter.

Nor does holding left shift and right clicking on the video work.

Will I have to go the route of getting some software that lets me grab video and sound off the desktop ? Like some program that will record whatever is playing on the screen and from speakers at the time ? If that is the case please recommend me one that is shareware.

Thanks for any pointers,

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Hi all ,

Maybe someone here can help.

I want to download a facebook video that someone posted as a comment underneath another persons post in a private group that I am in.

Unfortunately i think FB has changed a few things around and this seems difficult to do.

This video is not embedded in Vimeo or Youtube . It is just a stand alone upload.

The advice i have found from Google searches is outdated for example when I right click on the video I don't have a "save video as" option that is clickable.

Nor does the video have its own specific URL or time stamp that I can put into an online converter.

Nor does holding left shift and right clicking on the video work.

Will I have to go the route of getting some software that lets me grab video and sound off the desktop ? Like some program that will record whatever is playing on the screen and from speakers at the time ? If that is the case please recommend me one that is shareware.

Thanks for any pointers,

B

Maybe not exactly what u need but a workaround maybe to use the screen recorder software as mentioned (I think windows 10 has a built in one ) and play the video on FB in full screen and then record your laptop/desktop screen

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

Thanks Yeah i am thinking i might have to do something like that

Advertisement