Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving into Wexford town at peak times

Options
  • 28-10-2019 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I’m yet another Dub (Wexford is in the blood tho) moving down to Wexford in the near future as I have secured a job in the town. Will also have kids going to school in the town.

Am thinking of renting around the Castlebridge area and just wanted to check what traffic is generally like at peak times going through Ferrybank, across the bridge and into the town?

I’ve seen the thread on the Maldron roundabout and am open to renting south of the town if coming in from north or west is going to be a slog everyday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The best thing is if you are down looking at properties is to take the drive into town at peak time. The problem at the Maldron is the traffic hitting that road isn't just coming from Wexford town, it's Rosslare and the general hinterland out that way.
    Going in from Castlebridge is nowhere near as bad but it will be busy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

traffic can be backed up out as far as the topaz garage fairly regularly and i've seen it as far as the mazda garage , couple of friends of mine live in Castlebridge and they would always make sure to be in town before 8 . In the evenings in moves fairly well once you get out over the bridge

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

In comparison to Dublin traffic though, either the Maldron or Ferrybank are in the ha'penny place. You might get held up for a little while, but that will be it really for the whole commute. It just gets highlighted more in rural type areas where it's not a common occurrence and where the traffic usually just flows straight through. I wouldnt let it be the defining factor of where you end up buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Thanks for that. I will be taking a few trips down alright but will likely miss rush hour so wasn’t sure what the busy time in Wexford is like. I’m used to a 1hr 30 commute each way so if I could get an hour off that it would be a godsend! Just need a place to live now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

i did the airport to wexford in 1.40 last saturday at or just below limit the whole way . traffic on m50 was moving well though
    coming south in the evenings you'll be fine when you get to coyne's cross or there abouts . going up in the mornings you'll have the first few cars at gorey at 6.30 or so and normally hit ''real'' traffic about glen of the down's / killmacanogue

• Advertisement
Advertisement