Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Siro speeds

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

No real point trying 5ghz IMO

If a hardwired can't go over 100mb/s and assuming the card/cable etc are good. Then you need to get on to the ISP and check profile etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

limnam wrote: »
    No real point trying 5ghz IMO

If a hardwired can't go over 100mb/s and assuming the card/cable etc are good. Then you need to get on to the ISP and check profile etc

I got 300 on tv and computer at one stage yesterday ... it’s hardly terrible congestion ? I thought that didn’t happen with siro ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

LillySV wrote: »
    I got 300 on tv and computer at one stage yesterday ... it’s hardly terrible congestion ? I thought that didn’t happen with siro ?

I'd say give the ISP a buzz and see what's going on.

You mean contention ?

Should pretty much get full whack all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Ok so update on this ... spent last two nights on phone with the Vodafone call centers in an entirely different side of the world ... they try their best to play on ignorance or find ignorance on your part ... try in every way to avoid the lower direct speed and keep coming back to wireless then, creating The 2.4 and 5 channels.... I keep referring them back to the wired problem... they first nite they said the cat 5e cable might not be enough for the speed! Borrowed a cat 6 cable from work just to prove this isn’t the problem and rang back last nite ... he continually tried to blame my hardware , tried to google my laptop and make out it had a lower spec card ..... I quoted the exact cards in the laptop and told him he can google the right ones if he wants to google something ... I’ve asked for a local or Irish representative of Vodafone to ring me back about this as want someone to call out ... he keeps avoiding this ... he now plans to ring me back again tonite! I will be surprised if that happens . ... max speed I’ve got wired is 440gb and could be 100gb if you try afew mins later

Advertisement