Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arizona in early June - am I mad?

Options
  • 28-10-2019 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

In Vegas for a convention in late May. Then thinking of staying on on my own for a few days.

Looking at what's around and flights etc I was thinking of flying home from Phoenix. Heat should be bearable at that stage and without the rain risk?

Is this itinerary mad or does anyone have any recommendations or ideas?

Day 1 - hire car in Vegas - hoover Dam, drive to Flagstaff
    Day 2 - drive from Flagstaff to antelope canyon, horseshoe bend, stay in the view monument valley
    Day 3 - drive to Sedona
    Day 4 -jerome, Prescott, stay again in sedona
    Day 5 - tombstone or Tucson
    Day 6 - Tucson or tombstone
    Day 7 - Phoenix Or tucson
    Day 8 - fly out of Phoenix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

It might still be very hot. I was in Vegas in mid June 2016 and it was so hot the airline told us to leave curtain blinds down when we landed so as not to have plane a furnace for the passengers getting on after us.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

rossie1977 wrote: »
    It might still be very hot.

OP is talking about late May, not August or September. It will be getting hotter by the day.

Arizona is the only state in the continental USA (the 48 contiguous states) which does not observe daylight saving time. I met a guy from Tuscon once and asked him why. He told me that because of the heat, you cannot do anything outdoors in Arizona during the summer months until the sun sets so while the aim of DST is to prolong daylight hours during summer evenings so that people can pursue outdoor activities, that's the last thing they need in Arizona!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭NSAman

Of course you would be mad NOT to do it is you are there anyway.

Love Arizona. Yeah it will be hot as hell but so what? Bring lots of liquids and a hat and sunscreen, not forgetting it is dry heat...

Pheonix is a little on the boring side , personally prefer Scottsdale and Carefree areas, some nice hotels there and housing for rent... The Boulders is a pleasant property to stay in, but there are many others.

Go for it I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭spitonmedickie

Thanks folks, think I'll go ahead and book flight back from Phoenix!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Advertisement
Advertisement