Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short term enterprise allowance

Options
  • 28-10-2019 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of applying for the Short Term Enterprise Allowance as I was made redundant about 6 weeks ago & I am in receipt of Job Seekers Benefit. I will have a meeting with my case officer in a week about my progression plan with seeking employment & was planning on talking about my idea then which is to become a Reiki practitioner. As this is an holistic therapy will it be taken seriously? I plan on practicing from home. What is the process & do I need to bring anything to the meeting with the case officer to support this?

Many thanks
    Sadie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Hi Sadie,
    It depends on your case officer and what part of the country you are in. Holistic Therapies are considered, provided there is enough work in the area and you are not displacing existing businesses. You will need to show demand for your service (potential customers) and you will need to produce a 2-year cashflow (when you get into the process).
    Because you are short term they will usually treat you as an urgent case, you will get 100% of your current JB payment for the duration of your nine months (taxable) and a grant towards start-up costs of €937. You will need public liability insurance and may have to pay rates.

Advertisement