Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed Connection

Options
  • 28-10-2019 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

This is a bit far fetched, but someone suggested I post on here.

Earlier this month, while I was traveling through Ireland on a tour, I made an acquaintance with a Galway local, but didn’t think of exchanging contact info. I have a full name, and searched on Facebook, but that search didn’t yield anything. Due to privacy concerns, I don’t feel comfortable posting full name on this forum.

Some details:

We started chatting while enjoying some fish & chips at McDonagh’s, and he then he invited me to have a pint at Tigh Neachtains, and told me some history about the pub. We chatted some, and then parted ways, but didn’t exchange any contact info. This occurred on Wednesday, October 16th in the late afternoon, early evening. His first name is John (possibly Sean; he said that’s the Irish version). He stated he was a native of Galway, but had lived in Edinburgh, Scotland for several years. Also stated he worked as a self-employed carpenter. I don’t know his age, but would guess 40s.

If anyone on this forum knows someone who matches this description, please send them my way.

Thanks

Advertisement