Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help DDO -1Y meter for electricty

Options
  • 28-10-2019 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi can any one help me. I have the as above electrict meter in my rental apartment which is on same grounds as my landlords home. However I have a problem with landlord re meter reading. I was to get a pic from landlord of reading on my meter when I first rented but but I never did. I now beginning to feel I may be paying bill for landlords house... long story. Anyone know anything about the above meter? Landlord came in last week with electrictian read my meter and cleared the figures I used to calulate reading . Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Turnoff the main switch for your apartment (for a few hours would be best). If the meter reading continues to increase then someone else's load s fed from your meter. If the meter reading freezes then you are only paying for your own electricity usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 derryann

2011 wrote: »
    Turnoff the main switch for your apartment (for a few hours would be best). If the meter reading continues to increase then someone else's load s fed from your meter. If the meter reading freezes then you are only paying for your own electricity usage.

Thank you very much for above info. Much appreciated. Where would I find main switch for my apartment .should it be on meter board?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

derryann wrote: »
    Thank you very much for above info. Much appreciated. Where would I find main switch for my apartment .should it be on meter board?

You need to find the distribution board that serves your apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭adrian92

Moderator suggests good advice.
    Old fashioned pen and paper .
    Write down the reading with time and date.
    If you cannot find the isolation switch, as suggested, ask a neighbour for help.
    Or the owner to locate it - it could be very useful to know where this switch is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 derryann

Thank you very much for reply. Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement