Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein TD's car set on fire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Being discussed in the Ballinamore thread. Attempts to suggest like Rooskey that the far right are not at all responsible.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

pinkyeye wrote: »
    https://www.thejournal.ie/martin-kenny-car-set-on-fire-4869937-Oct2019/

I'm surprised there isn't a thread here already about this.

What the hell?

The far right do themselves no favours.

This guy is not going to back down.

I mentioned it in the ballinamore refuge megathread above that moment I heard it. A cowardly attack on democracy rightly condemned by all parties
    Fingers crossed the culprits left some DNA about .

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/sinn-fein-td-has-car-burned-out-at-his-home-in-apparent-arson-attack-960227.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Being discussed in the Ballinamore thread. Attempts to suggest like Rooskey that the far right are not at all responsible.

Some on Twitter suggesting the left are responsible or that he got his mates to torch the car himself. Oddly all these accounts are lacking a picture of a living person in the profile and the username includes a large amount of random numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

There's no details known about the culprits yet it is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭1641

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Red_Wake wrote: »
    There's no details known about the culprits yet it is there?

This man stood up to far right arseholes and then has his car burnt out in his driveway and you wonder who the culprits are?

Seriously? Given the most stupid of all these arseholes has advocated for keeping the "fires burning", you really think we need to wonder???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Either QIH or internal Sinn Fein/ra turmoil, ppl are saying. Sad either way.

Ethno - nationalist attack on democracy. And it is not just sad. It is disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

1641 wrote: »
    Ethno - nationalist attack on democracy. And it is not just sad. It is disgusting.

If you have evidence of that, I presume you have furnished it to the authorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Your jump to conclusions mat is saying, more like. Just as the liberals jump to conclusions mats are saying 'tis the far right. Actually tbh the liberals are even worse as they seem to be implying that people shouldn't be allowed to speculate unless everyone agrees that it's the mysterious far right. Not very liberal.

Personally I prefer facts and evidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Your jump to conclusions mat is saying, more like. Just as the liberals jump to conclusions mats are saying 'tis the far right. Actually tbh the liberals are even worse as they seem to be implying that people shouldn't be allowed to speculate unless everyone agrees that it's the mysterious far right. Not very liberal.

I was going to ask what mats are but then I noticed you're a new poster and can't be bothered. :rolleyes:

tdf7187 wrote: »

A couple of days after speaking out against far right hate provocateurs he gets a death threat. A couple of days after that his car is burnt out. On reflection, you are right. This is all purely coincidental. It is just as likely to have been the fairies. They do be about around halloween.
    Oh - any similarity to Rooskey is purely coincidental as well. Just in case there was any misunderstanding.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

A couple of days after speaking out against far right hate provocateurs he gets a death threat. A couple of days after that his car is burnt out. On reflection, you are right. This is all purely coincidental. It is just as likely to have been the fairies. They do be about around halloween.
    Oh - any similarity to Rooskey is purely coincidental as well. Just in case there was any misunderstanding.

Its obviously the rational centrists that have had enough of extremist actions that carbombed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

It is probably the work of some loon(s) as a result of what Kenny said in defence of asylum seekers.
    But he also recently spoke out about the the kidnapping and assault in Cavan of Quinn's Kevin Lunney. And we know that there has been a lot of arson attacks around that whole saga over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

sk8erboii wrote: »
    Its obviously the rational centrists that have had enough of extremist actions that carbombed him.

And not the Judean People's Front?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

the far right

This far right must be invisible unless you a clear agenda to label everyone with the latest buzz words or triggered .

Some how I doubt very much we have any white supremacists living in Ireland

Gatling wrote: »
    This far right must be invisible unless you a clear agenda to label everyone with the latest buzz words or triggered .

Some how I doubt very much we have any white supremacists living in Ireland

Is this collective amnesia or do you have a vested interest in disregarding the Nazi salutes outside google HQ that happened months ago?

Right wing populism and white supremacist movements are on the rise, there is empirical evidence of this. You cant just say they dont exist anymore.

Hoboo wrote: »
    And not the Judean People's Front?

Is this a monty python reference?

Is this collective amnesia or do you have a vested interest in disregarding the Nazi salutes outside google HQ that happened months ago?

The staged ones ,

And in a years time people will be getting arrested for posting on twitter or board's that's triggered someone to be offended .

Rapidly followed by mass censorship and only left and liberals entitled to voice opinions.

No thanks

The staged ones ,

And in a years time people will be getting arrested for posting on twitter or board's that's triggered someone to be offended .

Rapidly followed by mass censorship and only left and liberals entitled to voice opinions.

No thanks

Lol no. People have found out the identities of the Nazi saluters. As usual they’re far right nutters with paranoid delusions.

Such delusions include: “And in a years time people will be getting arrested for posting on twitter or board's that's triggered someone to be offended .”

And the often cited left/liberal conspiracy to suppress rational opinions (Such as racism).

Yes please. These people should be cast out and exposed.

• Advertisement

Such delusions include: “And in a years time people will be getting arrested for posting on twitter or board's that's triggered someone to be offended .”

This is exactly what is going to happen , aren't we getting legislation on it ,it's not delusional .

Just look at the situation where people are getting police visits because someone finds something offensive on Twitter which usually turns out one person trying to settle a score .

When people start feeling left out or pushed out of a society that usually pushes them into the arms of extremists ,
    Maybe actually listen to peoples genuine concerns rather than listening to a minority demanding there way and their opinion over all else

This is exactly what is going to happen , aren't we getting legislation on it ,it's not delusional .

Just look at the situation where people are getting police visits because someone finds something offensive which usually turns out one person trying to settle a score .

When people start feeling left out or pushed out of a society that usually pushes them into the arms of extremists ,
    Maybe actually listen to peoples genuine concerns rather than listening to a minority demanding there way and their opinion over all else

Mate if you’re referring Gemma O Doherty’s fanclub, the ones that sent death threats to a family because the husband was black, then I say good riddance.

What ‘genuine concern’ do people have when they irrationally hate other people? It seems to me that some people are Just lowlives and scum and the country would be better without them polluting the minds of new generation.

They’re not oppressed citizens. They’re scumbags who deserve a cold hard boot to the face

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

I agree that the far right are unpleasant but making speech illegal is dangerous. It's a slippery slope towards full blown censorship of all views that a government finds inconvenient.

What ‘genuine concern’ do people have when they irrationally hate other people? It seems to me that some people are Just lowlives and scum and the country would be better without them polluting the minds of new generation.

They’re not oppressed citizens. They’re scumbags who deserve a cold hard boot to the face

Some are scum bags out for a fight .

But anyone who doesn't agree with mass migration is a racist , anyone who doesn't agree men are men and women are women your transpohbic, anyone who eats meat is veganphobic ,and on and on and on .

Actually on a serious note doesn't the constitution guarantee right to association including political association so everyone essentially has a right to be represented ,

Do we need to change the constitution only some have a right to association ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

So would be betting its related to SF "glorious" past now considering the burnt out station.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

SF's tradition voter base is more than likely responsible, rather than some bogeyman far right.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Friend lives near the town in question. Said the locals are beyond disgusted with this sf tds activities in the last while.

Apparently locally he’s well known for being a drama and attention hoor. Ppl are exasperated at this stage and just want him to step down.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Friend lives near the town in question. Said the locals are beyond disgusted with this sf tds activities in the last while.

Apparently locally he’s well known for being a drama and attention hoor. Ppl are exasperated at this stage and just want him to step down.

So you think he sent his own threat and burned out his own car?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

most people rely on voting to do that

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    So you think he sent his own threat and burned out his own car?

More likely some low level sinner goon was responsible rather than some far right wannabe .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement