Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein TD's car set on fire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Is Leitrim a hotbed of far right lunacy these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Bambi wrote: »
    Is Leitrim a hotbed of far right lunacy these days?

There are hardly any people living there, those that I've met from there, are in general backward thinking folk - very easily led. It's full of these horrendous looking towns/villages with absolutely nothing going on. If ever somewhere need a little more diversity, it's Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Gatling wrote: »
    More likely some low level sinner goon was responsible rather than some far right wannabe .

how so? baseless claim or have you anything to base it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

maccored wrote: »

Anyone who keeps up with the news knows shinner ra internal turmoil is near constant.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

More likely some low level sinner goon was responsible rather than some far right wannabe .

What's a "low level sinner"?

Death threats and burning out a car would be a high level sin, no? :confused:

• Advertisement

There are hardly any people living there, those that I've met from there, are in general backward thinking folk - very easily led. It's full of these horrendous looking towns/villages with absolutely nothing going on. If ever somewhere need a little more diversity, it's Leitrim.

I dunno, if its already got a plentiful supply of backward thinking folk then maybe importing more isn't the best idea

But as Sinn Fein types used to sing "Leitrim is a very funny place sir/its a strange and troubled land"

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Wouldn't be the first time ,

Seem to remember shimmer goons going after peoples cars and issuing threats to deter people running for seats in local campaigns

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Wouldn't be the first time ,

Seem to remember shimmer goons going after peoples cars and issuing threats to deter people running for seats in local campaigns

so in this particular instance you have nothing to base it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

Either QIH or internal Sinn Fein/ra turmoil, ppl are saying. Sad either way.

What people? You've made this claim about 20 times over the two threads now.

Anyone who keeps up with the news knows shinner ra internal turmoil is near constant.

ah, so gossip is good then in your book. If you havent the facts, get with the 'sure everybody knows .....(inset bolloxology here) '

• Advertisement

TBH I wouldnt put it past Sinn Fein to engage in Fifth Column shenanigans in order to put the anti immigration shower in Longford beyond the pale in terms of sympathy and support. It's an issue that's really biting Sinn Fein on the arse with their supporters.

Or maybe some headers just torched his car.

ah, so gossip is good then in your book. If you havent the facts, get with the 'sure everybody knows .....(inset bolloxology here) '

It’s not gossip it’s “hard facts” and it has been known for years

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

What people? You've made this claim about 20 times over the two threads now.

Is that you Ali

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Likely the hypocrites who can trace their family's voting habit back to Brian Boru for voting either FG or FF. Old GAA stock still with a chip about the civil war. The most ignorant and intolerant people I've ever known would go to mass of a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

The voices in your head are not actually 'ppl' you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Likely the hypocrites who can trace their family's voting habit back to Brian Boru for voting either FG or FF. Old GAA stock still with a chip about the civil war. The most ignorant and intolerant people I've ever known would go to mass of a Sunday.
    TBH I wouldnt put it past Sinn Fein to engage in Fifth Column shenanigans in order to put the anti immigration shower in Longford beyond the pale in terms of sympathy and support. It's an issue that's really biting Sinn Fein on the arse with their supporters.

Is there anyone out there who hasn't been blamed for this?

The award for funniest accusation has to go to Matt for suggesting some old FF or FG cumann members hobbled over on their walking sticks to torch the poor man's car.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Boggles wrote: »
    What's a "low level sinner"?

Death threats and burning out a car would be a high level sin, no? :confused:

In the grand scheme of things its pretty low when international terrorism would be considered the bar.

It’s pretty obvious SF jumped the shark this time and nobody is taken in by this type of craic any more.

After 50 years of the troubles is it any wonder ppl are just that little bit sceptical

blanch152 wrote: »
    Is there anyone out there who hasn't been blamed for this?

The award for funniest accusation has to go to Matt for suggesting some old FF or FG cumann members hobbled over on their walking sticks to torch the poor man's car.

Are you trying to say only the enfeebled and elderly vote for the FF/FG party? Have you been to Ireland?
    Licking your lips hoping it's the 'RA, get up the yard ;)
    I'm practically a signed up shinner by suggesting such a thing right?

It’s pretty obvious SF jumped the shark this time and nobody is taken in by this type of craic any more.

After 50 years of the troubles is it any wonder ppl are just that little bit sceptical

So SF supporters attack a SF TD over SF policy. Seems legit ;)

• Advertisement

Are you trying to say only the enfeebled and elderly vote for the FF/FG party? Have you been to Ireland?
    Licking your lips hoping it's the 'RA, get up the yard ;)
    I'm practically a signed up shinner by suggesting such a thing right?

Where did I say it was the 'RA? I was laughing at all of the different suggestions for who was responsible, as pretty much everyone was being blamed.

Church-going, old GAA stock, who trace their voting habit back generations, you can only be talking about old cumann members. Very few if any young people would tick all of those boxes. It certainly created a very funny image in my mind, a cross between Dad's Army and Last of the Summer Wine, so thanks for that, you are good for the occasional comedy post, whether you mean it or not.

And as if by clockwork, the bould Martin straight out the gate using the mysterious arsonists to tar the local anti asylum bunch that are costing him votes :D

"Martin Kenny: Leaders of Leitrim asylum seeker protests may be influencing 'crazy' individuals"

Nothing if not predictable, The Workers Party Part Deux :D

Where did I say it was the 'RA? I was laughing at all of the different suggestions for who was responsible, as pretty much everyone was being blamed.

Church-going, old GAA stock, who trace their voting habit back generations, you can only be talking about old cumann members. Very few if any young people would tick all of those boxes. It certainly created a very funny image in my mind, a cross between Dad's Army and Last of the Summer Wine, so thanks for that, you are good for the occasional comedy post, whether you mean it or not.

Most of the provies would be on their second hip replacement by now but it doesn't stop you wheeling em out like some geriatric bogeyman.

They'll all be with O'Leary in the grave and you'll still be blaming them for everything like the Macavities of border crime :D

And as if by clockwork, the bould Martin straight out the gate using the mysterious arsonists to tar the local anti asylum bunch that are costing him votes :D

"Martin Kenny: Leaders of Leitrim asylum seeker protests may be influencing 'crazy' individuals"

Nothing if not predictable, The Workers Party Part Deux :D

Now that is the definition of ironic.

I don't suppose there were any crazy individuals influenced by the words of Sinn Fein politicians over the last 40 years?

You didn't, I said you were licking your lips hoping it was. Do you ever actually read the comments you misquote?
    Well just to help you out "can trace their family's voting habit" not saying they've been voting for nearly a hundred years Blanch. Read more carefully.
    Now that is the definition of ironic.

I don't suppose there were any crazy individuals influenced by the words of Sinn Fein politicians over the last 40 years?

Last I heard since the GFA SF has been preaching peace. I suppose you still think Fine Gael are goose stepping Nazis. You Greens are hilarious ;)

You didn't, I said you were licking your lips hoping it was. Do you ever actually read the comments you misquote?
    Well just to help you out "can trace their family's voting habit" not saying they've been voting for nearly a hundred years Blanch. Read more carefully.

The polling evidence strongly suggests that the era of tracing their family's voting habit has well and truly vanished for anyone under 50. The volatile nature of elections over the last 20 years is testament to that. The only ones left who do that, and who are also church-goers (no young people either) and old GAA stock, are FG and FF party members aged over 60, hence my amusement at your suggestion and the consequential picture I painted. Not my fault that your suggestion conjured up that picture.

I don't have a clue who is responsible and haven't made any accusation and am not going to point a finger without some idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I don't see anything funny or implausible about what Matt was saying. His post doesn't imply to me that it was old codgers themselves that torched the car. If we grant the commonsense premise that it was someone with a bee in their bonnet about the asylum seekers who did it, it would seem quite likely that they come from old FF/FG/GAA stock...

The polling evidence strongly suggests that the era of tracing their family's voting habit has well and truly vanished for anyone under 50. The volatile nature of elections over the last 20 years is testament to that. The only ones left who do that, and who are also church-goers (no young people either) and old GAA stock, are FG and FF party members aged over 60, hence my amusement at your suggestion and the consequential picture I painted. Not my fault that your suggestion conjured up that picture.

I don't have a clue who is responsible and haven't made any accusation and am not going to point a finger without some idea.

I disagree. Why else would the FF/FG party still have a base? They have a core base regardless of what they do. I know people who refer to themselves as coming from a FF or FG family. You don't?
    Volatile yet still FF/FG.

Nice to see you've turned over a new leaf. Was it the locals doing in the Quinn lad that changed you?

MV5BYWE1ODMyMzAtZTQ3Mi00NGEzLWJmYTUtMWJhMWU5OTY5MjllXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTc2MDk4MzA@._V1_.jpg

So SF supporters attack a SF TD over SF policy. Seems legit ;)

whenever it comes out that it wasnt a SF supporter, blanch etc all will once again go very quiet I will assume

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

whenever it comes out that it wasnt a SF supporter, blanch etc all will once again go very quiet I will assume

:):)

493982.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement