Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein TD's car set on fire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

maccored wrote: »
    whenever it comes out that it wasnt a SF supporter, blanch etc all will once again go very quiet I will assume

Huh?:confused:
    blanch152 wrote: »
    Is there anyone out there who hasn't been blamed for this?

I take this post as ridiculing any notion that this was some sort of SF false flag operation...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Huh?:confused:

I take this post as ridiculing any notion that this was some sort of SF false flag operation...

Correct, but baying mobs only ever see what they want to see.

The idea that is was a SF false flag operation, or even more ridiculous, a FF/FG inspired one as Matt proposed, is ludicrous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Correct, but baying mobs only ever see what they want to see.

The idea that is was a SF false flag operation, or even more ridiculous, a FF/FG inspired one as Matt proposed, is ludicrous.

Japers Blanch. Cut the false misrepresentations. Cite honestly.
    I never said it was FF/FG party inspired or backed. I suggested it was more likely some of their supporters. When I think fearful of change, bigoted and arrogant I think of dyed in the wool FF/FG voters.

Japers Blanch. Cut the false misrepresentations. Cite honestly.
    I never said it was FF/FG party inspired or backed. I suggested it was more likely some of their supporters. When I think fearful of change, bigoted and arrogant I think of dyed in the wool FF/FG voters.

Sorry Matt, but you are off the wall on this one. Whatever else you may accuse FF/FG supporters of, and you accuse them of a lot, it is ridiculous to accuse them of burning a man's car out. You are taking your conspiracy theories to a new level.

Most likely the perpetrators don't bother voting at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Sorry Matt, but you are off the wall on this one. Whatever else you may accuse FF/FG supporters of, and you accuse them of a lot, it is ridiculous to accuse them of burning a man's car out. You are taking your conspiracy theories to a new level.

Accuses poster of making assumption...then makes one himself. Dear oh dear.

• Advertisement

Accuses poster of making assumption...then makes one himself. Dear oh dear.

I can just see it now, the Ballinamore FG Cumann meeting held in Paddy's farmhouse, when Mick and Pat Joe propose to ensure that the bould SF TD gets a seeing to and has his car burned out.

No, scratch that, doesn't work, it's ridiculous.

Common thug, poorly educated, rarely if ever votes, racist, doesn't like foreigners, hears that TD banging on about welcoming them, gets a mate, heads around to teach him a lesson.

Yeah, that sounds a bit more plausible.

It is ok to make assumptions, so long as they are reasonable and rational.

Common thug, poorly educated, rarely if ever votes, racist, doesn't like foreigners, hears that TD banging on about welcoming them, gets a mate, heads around to teach him a lesson.

Assumption yet again.

Assumption yet again.

Did you miss this bit?

Did you miss this bit?

You have always been able to pass tests on this site, for which you set the bar blanch.

Funny that.

You have always been able to pass tests on this site, for which you set the bar blanch.

Funny that.

I don't think a test of reasonableness and rationality is unfair.

The idea of a group of church-going FG supporters in Leitrim sitting around and plotting to fire-bomb a SF TD's car pretty much fails that test.

• Advertisement

Why? FF/FG are the biggest party in the country. It's reasonable and rational, might be wrong. It just strikes me more of a conservative 'values' move than anything else.

I don't think a test of reasonableness and rationality is unfair.

The idea of a group of church-going FG supporters in Leitrim sitting around and plotting to fire-bomb a SF TD's car pretty much fails that test.

Why?

Are you saying church going FG supporters are not capable of committing a crime?

Why? FF/FG are the biggest party in the country. It just strikes me more of a conservative 'values' move than anything else.

The type of "values" people that would do something like that are not mainstream FF or FG supporters. They latch on to people and fringe groups like Gemma O'Doherty or Aontu or Youth Defence.

If anything, you would have much in common with them with a shared hatred of all things FG and FF. Remember it is an FG government who have decided to put the asylum seekers into Ballinamore.

Why?

Are you saying church going FG supporters are not capable of committing a crime?

Nope, I am sure that they have their fair share of ordinary decent criminals, but conspiring to fire-bomb a SF TD's car is a stretch too far.

Maybe I am wrong - it happens - and Paddy Joe McBloggs of the local FG cumann will be arrested and charged with bombing the man's car.

Nope, I am sure that they have their fair share of ordinary decent criminals, but conspiring to fire-bomb a SF TD's car is a stretch too far.

you forgot to add...'a stretch too far for me'

The type of "values" people that would do something like that are not mainstream FF or FG supporters. They latch on to people and fringe groups like Gemma O'Doherty or Aontu or Youth Defence.

If anything, you would have much in common with them with a shared hatred of all things FG and FF. Remember it is an FG government who have decided to put the asylum seekers into Ballinamore.

Maybe I am wrong - it happens - and Paddy Joe McBloggs of the local FG cumann will be arrested and charged with bombing the man's car.

What about actual Fine Gael party members and T.D's? Glass, face, bar brawl?
    Shysters, fraudsters and other criminal elements can be drawn to many parties for many reasons.

Initially I was saying it's unlikely a SF supporter thing, just putting it out there I'd reckon it's more a FF/FG supporter thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭terenc

Could be a sign of the times and the Irish people have decided we have had enough of the the the emigrant policy in this country. This government has created a slow burning fuse by dis-empowering the people in “Take them in with no regard to its own people” and people are just waiting for the next general election and the SF will be whipped and glad to see the back of FLanagan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Jaysus lads, how the fcuk has this turned into a FF/FG versus SF thread??

I don't agree with Blanch on much but in this case he's correct. The most likely culprit is not a member of any mainstream party.

Don't agree that they don't vote, I'd say they do for the likes of Gemma and Justin.

terenc wrote: »
    Could be a sign of the times and the Irish people have decided we have had enough of the the the emigrant policy in this country. This government has created a slow burning fuse by dis-empowering the people in “Take them in with no regard to its own people” and people are just waiting for the next general election and the SF will be whipped and glad to see the back of FLanagan.

We can be ignorant and bigoted without any help from 'the times'. I guarantee you incidents like this have been going on and will continue and we'll still have a FF/FG affiliated government. We don't do radical change.
    pinkyeye wrote: »
    Jaysus lads, how the fcuk has this turned into a FF/FG versus SF thread??

I don't agree with Blanch on much but in this case he's correct. The most likely culprit is not a member of any mainstream party.

Don't agree that they don't vote, I'd say they do for the likes of Gemma and Justin.

It was put forward that it might be SF lads I just said it'd be more likely FF/FG lads if any voting affiliation. Like the pro Quinn lobby in Cavan, likely FF/GAA folk IMO. They don't like outsiders. Chances are it's ignorant folk with little genuine ties to any politics but for these type of people it's about traditional affiliations not policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

WeI just said it'd be more likely FF/FG lads if any voting affiliation. Like the pro Quinn lobby in Cavan, likely FF/GAA folk IMO. They don't like outsiders. Chances are it's ignorant folk with little genuine ties to any politics but for these type of people it's about traditional affiliations not policy.

Sounds like you guys mightn't be so far apart on this after all. Perhaps the apparent clash stems from differing interpretations of 'supporter' of a political party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

SF will reap what they sow in the next election, their insisent pushing of "right on" causes regardless of the impact on tax payers and voters is wearing very thin.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 10,578 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

https://twitter.com/Brian_O_Reilly/status/1189248809152503815?s=20

Seems enough people lining up online to have a go....

Fieldog wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Brian_O_Reilly/status/1189248809152503815?s=20

Seems enough people lining up online to have a go....

Maybe the fuse has got shorter. Cant wait for the next inauguration.:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,360 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

No rather it's a band of the country from Louth to Leitrim and Donegal, the border neighbourhood, where old habits die hard. Just intimidate when you don't get your way.

No rather it's a band of the country from Louth to Leitrim and Donegal, the border neighbourhood, where old habits die hard. Just intimidate when you don't get your way.

What cross are you carrying :rolleyes: you need help.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,360 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

What cross are you carrying :rolleyes: you need help.

I don't know what you're talking about, maybe it's you that needs help mr rollyeyes.
    Don't think there's things spontaneously combusting elsewhere in the country to make a point, is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭enricoh

SF will reap what they sow in the next election, their insisent pushing of "right on" causes regardless of the impact on tax payers and voters is wearing very thin.

Sinn féins core base wouldn't strike me as being "right on" to be honest.
    Most people would have sinn feins economic policy as lunacy n now realise they want to take in anyone from anywhere in the world n give them free stuff too!
    The loonie left is a crowded space in ireland, mary lou is not liked by people n their asylum industry policy i doubt is a vote winner.
    I think they'll get hammered in the election, they may bring back Jerry!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

enricoh wrote: »
    Sinn féins core base wouldn't strike me as being "right on" to be honest.
    Most people would have sinn feins economic policy as lunacy n now realise they want to take in anyone from anywhere in the world n give them free stuff too!
    The loonie left is a crowded space in ireland, mary lou is not liked by people n their asylum industry policy i doubt is a vote winner.
    I think they'll get hammered in the election, they may bring back Jerry!

them lefty loonies. they're all mad or so im told. every last one of them. loonies I'm telling ye, all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Would the insurance cover it?

• Advertisement

Heard similar from the Casey lobby during the Presidential about how the political class would get their comeuppance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement