Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

disable new memoji on iOS 13

Options
  • 28-10-2019 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi,

I've recently updated my iOS to the latest.

I've turned off memoji's in the messages app, but they still appear in Whatsapp.

They're the biggest piece of shít Apple have ever released... I move the emoji screen sideways, and they are not visible. But once Whatsapp is closed, and re-opened, they auto re-appear...

Please help... if I send 1 more ****ing unicorn to someone, my phone's going off a wall....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Driving me up the wall aswell

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I don’t think Apple Invented the emoji....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

They don't appear for me in WhatsApp or Messages unless I swipe right - Frequently Used section appears straight off which is just the normal smileys etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

kceire wrote: »
    I don’t think Apple Invented the emoji....

No, you are right. They didn't invent the emoji. But their latest iOS version came with a new feature called a "Memoji" for nearly all texting based apps, which allows you to create new ones, and a selection of built in ones...
    Which are horrible.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

No, you are right. They didn't invent the emoji. But their latest iOS version came with a new feature called a "Memoji" for nearly all texting based apps, which allows you to create new ones, and a selection of built in ones...
    Which are horrible.

Can you not just "not use them"?
    In my Message app, they don't even pop up unless I click the memoji icon so they are not in the way at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

kceire wrote: »
    Can you not just "not use them"?
    In my Message app, they don't even pop up unless I click the memoji icon so they are not in the way at all.

I have the same issue as the OP. I've turned off memoji's in the messages app, but they still appear in Whatsapp. When I swipe right and hide them, they always reappear :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Why you like us?

attachment.php?attachmentid=493955&d=1572346066

Advertisement